E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Alarm is possessed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

For the past month my alarm would occasionally go off soon after locking it. I thought it might be the interior motion detector, but I couldn't find anything that would set it off. It's occurring more frequently so I finally did some research and it seems that it is a faulty tilt sensor that is located near the rear bumper. So, back to the dealer she goes! I love my 5er, but this is like death by a thousand cuts! I'll leave it up to the extended warranty gods to sort it out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Will
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Sorry to hear Will!! At least Peake seems to have handled the warranty repairs with minimal grief...
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Sorry to hear Will!! At least Peake seems to have handled the warranty repairs with minimal grief...
Hey Ken! I'm less than impressed with Peake, but I don' t have the time to take it to Baton Rouge. I wish there was a high end import Indy shop. When are you getting a f10?
will
Old 07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lospice1
Hey Ken! I'm less than impressed with Peake, but I don' t have the time to take it to Baton Rouge. I wish there was a high end import Indy shop. When are you getting a f10?
will
Oops! Thought they were treating you OK, guess not...

Actually leaning heavily towards an M3 sedan. A bit smaller but I only use the back seats on very rare occasions and only for short trips with the kids. The F10 has moved to more of a luxury car, less sporty than my current 550. Still a great car and very tempting but reminds me more of the 7 series, something I don't want. Lease is up in late October so I have some time to decide...
Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

I have the same problem, the alarm goes off itself after locking the door (Properly closed) :thumbsdown:
How much did you pay for the tilt sensor?

I now just pull off the fuse and disabled the alarm function, since it caused the battery drain :thumbsdown:
Old 07-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
I have the same problem, the alarm goes off itself after locking the door (Properly closed) :thumbsdown:
How much did you pay for the tilt sensor?

I now just pull off the fuse and disabled the alarm function, since it caused the battery drain :thumbsdown:
I'm bringing her in Monday. I'll let you know how much it costs the insurance company(hopefully). I didn't think about disabling the alarm... That's a good alternative!
Will
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Oops! Thought they were treating you OK, guess not...

Actually leaning heavily towards an M3 sedan. A bit smaller but I only use the back seats on very rare occasions and only for short trips with the kids. The F10 has moved to more of a luxury car, less sporty than my current 550. Still a great car and very tempting but reminds me more of the 7 series, something I don't want. Lease is up in late October so I have some time to decide...
I would never talk anyone out of a M, but those back seats are pretty small.....if you can live with it, go for it! I'd like to get either a m6 or m3 convertible....one can always hope!
W
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Update: It was the hood switch sensor. The repair was $207...all covered by my aftermarket warranty!
Will
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lospice1
I would never talk anyone out of a M, but those back seats are pretty small.....if you can live with it, go for it! I'd like to get either a m6 or m3 convertible....one can always hope!
W
Did an extended test drive, with the sales guy in the back seat! Yes it is small but so are my kids... I honestly have them in the car once a month or less and then only for relatively short trips. After all we have my wife's Volvo SUV for the family trips.

Glad to hear the issue was small and covered by the warranty. Who wrote that warranty is losing a small fortune on you!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Did an extended test drive, with the sales guy in the back seat! Yes it is small but so are my kids... I honestly have them in the car once a month or less and then only for relatively short trips. After all we have my wife's Volvo SUV for the family trips.

Glad to hear the issue was small and covered by the warranty. Who wrote that warranty is losing a small fortune on you!
Will Deuce fit in the M3? Did you have the party yet?
I did notice the absence of the X5..so you going Swedish now? My wife also likes the xc90..lemme know how it holds up!

call me when you get the m3!!
Will

Quick Reply: Alarm is possessed...