E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Aircon Dripping Water

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530Dse

Little question for someone out there I did a search but couldn't find it

I've noticed if I've had my aircon on for a bit them put the car to bed so to speak in the garage I notice a little pool of water dripping from the middle under the car. It only drips for about 5 mins then stops, if I dont have the aircon on and put the car to bed there isn't any dripping so I take it it's coming from the Aircon rad as it gets cold and forms condensation.

But is it surposed to drip onto the floor I'm not sure if it's done it before or not or has a pipe come off or something?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Dead and Gone' post='314589' date='Jul 24 2006, 02:04 PM

I've noticed if I've had my aircon on for a bit them put the car to bed so to speak in the garage I notice a little pool of water dripping from the middle under the car. It only drips for about 5 mins then stops, if I dont have the aircon on and put the car to bed there isn't any dripping so I take it it's coming from the Aircon rad as it gets cold and forms condensation.

But is it surposed to drip onto the floor I'm not sure if it's done it before or not or has a pipe come off or something?
I know in other cars that if you run the a/c for a while then park the car and peer underneath, you will see water dropping from under the engine. It's draining water from the a/c. Perfectly normal.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 525DSE Auto Olivin

Also it is moist air in humid conditions condensing on cold exposed pipes
Old 07-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Your AC at home creates the same puddles just it has some plumbing to dump them into your waste lines at home.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='314696' date='Jul 25 2006, 04:26 AM
Your AC at home creates the same puddles just it has some plumbing to dump them into your waste lines at home.
AC at home? Quite unusual in the UK, but a growth is rumoured due to our outstanding 1 week of good weather...
Old 07-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by colejl' post='314767' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:54 AM
AC at home? Quite unusual in the UK, but a growth is rumoured due to our outstanding 1 week of good weather...
Heh heh lets run out quick and buy up all the air con companys global warming is coming!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530Dse

Originally Posted by colejl' post='314767' date='Jul 25 2006, 02:54 AM

hey it's been more than a week... bloody ell it's been nearly two weeks... rofl
Old 07-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dead and Gone' post='314589' date='Jul 24 2006, 10:04 PM

It's absolutely fine - this is supposed to happen.

Where else would the condensation go - unless your car is connected to the drains?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='314789' date='Jul 25 2006, 12:23 PM
Heh heh lets run out quick and buy up all the air con companys global warming is coming!
I detect some irony in there...
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

So July is past and hey presto its officially the hottest July since records began in the UK.
The good thing was the best place to be was inside your e60 because aircon at home here is for the rich & famous (well nearly).
the e60 became a santuary to add to its other qualities

Quick Reply: Aircon Dripping Water