E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag light - restraints systems on E60 530D

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:27 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D e60
Exclamation airbag light - restraints systems on E60 530D

Hi everyone.

My name is Raphael, I'am french (sorry for my English : () and I bought an BMW 530d last week.

I have a problem with the airbag light, I have the same message ==>

Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/IMAG1522.jpg

With INPA, I found in ==> Safety modules --> Door Electronics - Satellite front right ==>

INPA 9B8A error : mirror position poti sensor 2

I - image / photo - Auto Moto - Hiboox

What does it mean ? What I need to check / repair ?

Thanks a lot
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM
New Members

I don,t know if there is a link with my airbag light but I have another problem with the battery low indicator. I changed the battery two days ago with a brand new Bosch battery. I reset the IBS indicator with INPA. Today, when I stopped the engine, a yellow low battery indicator appear ? When the engine is stopped, the battery is at 12.5V. When the engine is working at 700 rpm , the battery is at 14.1V and when I Start the lights - the radio - warm température ... The battery is at 13.5V. I don,t understand why the light low battery appear and if there is a link with the airbag problem ? Can you help me ? What I need to do first ? Thank you
Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 PM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Did you have the airbag message before you replaced the battery?

I would say that they could be related and the battery is the problem.

Debugging is often a problem of dividing and conquering.

First thing to do is make the battey messages go away. Did you repalce the battery with the same type? That is, non-AGM with non-AGM or AGM with AGM? Are the battery specs the same? Recheck all the connections. You might want to undo all the battery connections and redo them.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 AM
New Members

Yes, i had the airbag message before the new battery. I bought the car with the message. The orginal BMW battery was an non AGM battery 110 Ah. With the serial number of the BMW battery, I bought the same non-AGM 110 Ah battery but the brand is Bosch. I replaced it and with INPA, I hope that the reset of IBS is working. Today I have the low indicator battery (yellow indicator). I think that the new battery is not totaly registered inside the system ? What I need to do ? What is the power management system ? Moreover, today the airbag message on Idrive closed ! But I have still the airbag light on the cluster and the belt passenger indicator make noise... I don,t know what I need to do first ? Thank You
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

I don't think it is a registering problem. I replaced non-AGM in my 2006 530xi and left it unregistered for some days without issue. I also replaced wife's 2009 X5 AGM and left it unregistered for a couple months and no issues.

Perhaps the new battery is defective? When I picked up my non-AGM battery, the eye was not green and I asked the store to test it and it tested bad and they bought out a new one for me. Is the store you purchased it at able to test the battery for you?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:17 PM
New Members

Thank you for your answer. I Check the battery with a tool (I am not sure about the meaning in english) who measure the current deliver when there is a short cut beetween + - of the battery. The battery is ok. No problem. About the airbag, I found another error ==> INPA ==> 93D8 module desactivated.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: 318d EE and 530d Ex Police car

est ce qu'il y a un cable qui n'est pas bien brancher endessu du siege?

look at my thread, i had similar error when swapping interior
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
New Members

Some news :

I repaired my battery problem, the IBS was dead. With INPA I register again the new battery and it's working

But, the airbag problem is still present. It's more complicated than I think at the beginning and I need help.
The problem is coming from my SZL and the communication beetween several modules.

It's a complicated to explain it in english (sorry )

First, when the airbag light and belt light are illunated in red on my dashborad, the switch panels of my steering wheel (sound pannels...) doesn't work and the warning horn dosen't work too

But the active cruise control and the turn signals are working.

With INPA and DIS, I found ==> 94E3 clamp_U ISIS missing
951A Voltage supply (LRE) limit value

If I try to clean all the error, it's not working.... !!

Everytime I disconnect and reconnect the battery, if I try to clean the error ==> it's working ! The airbag light disappear and the warning horn is working !

But 1 hour ou 2 hour later, the airbag light comes again (94E3 clamp_U ISIS missing and 951A Voltage supply (LRE) limit value) !

So I try to replace the parts number 1 (BMW Air Bag Clockspring (Slip Ring) ) by antoher used parts.
RealOEM.com BMW E60 530d Steering column switch/control unit

That's not working... I have the same problem

My BMW dealer wants to replace all the SZL module by another new and reprogram everything, but the price is high .... !!!!

Please, can you help me , What I need to check ?

Thank you
Old 05-07-2014, 02:28 PM
New Members

no idea ??

Old 06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
New Members

The problem appear only when the wheather is warm inside the car... No idea ??

Quick Reply: airbag light - restraints systems on E60 530D