5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   After wheel balancing, shake continues!!! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/after-wheel-balancing-shake-continues-142164/)

DILLESTJAMZ 06-04-2015 07:00 PM

After wheel balancing, shake continues!!!

So im in this infamous +60mph Shake/vibration, i have replaced my thrust arm(Upper control arms) replaced my front passenger shock, put in new wheels (Style 95's 19x9,19x10 rear) they all have 7/32+ tread on all tires i believe the fronts are 12/32 treads... anyways, I've gotten all the wheel balanced... the guys put it on a lift this is another shop from where i usually take my e60 to since they do wheels and tires here... they put it on the lift everything checks out "really good and in great shape" all wheels were balanced again and i still have that vibration my steering wheel does not shake simply light vibration but the car shakes front passenger seat shakes... What is wrong guys? any suggestions?

turboawd 06-04-2015 09:56 PM

worn wheel bearings?
driveshaft out of balance?

Phurocious 06-05-2015 12:04 AM

last time that happened to me it was because my wheels weren't hub centered.

double check your new wheels if it requires you to have a hub centric ring.

JayArras 06-05-2015 04:20 AM

+1

If you say you have Style 95's and they're OEM, then this is probably not the case however.

BTW, Style 95's are 7 Series wheels. What model E60 do you have?

twh 06-05-2015 04:49 AM

Another thing to check is the tension strut bushing (it is a lower control arm). The bushing is liquid filled and eventually leaks. You can replace the bushing once per arm or replace the entire arm.

GiancarloFrenna 06-05-2015 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by DILLESTJAMZ (Post 1564121)
So im in this infamous +60mph Shake/vibration, i have replaced my thrust arm(Upper control arms) replaced my front passenger shock, put in new wheels (Style 95's 19x9,19x10 rear) they all have 7/32+ tread on all tires i believe the fronts are 12/32 treads... anyways, I've gotten all the wheel balanced... the guys put it on a lift this is another shop from where i usually take my e60 to since they do wheels and tires here... they put it on the lift everything checks out "really good and in great shape" all wheels were balanced again and i still have that vibration my steering wheel does not shake simply light vibration but the car shakes front passenger seat shakes... What is wrong guys? any suggestions?

I have the same problem as you, everything checks out under the car but my brakes are warped badly and it's been making the car shake above 60+ mph. New rotors and no more shaking.

550sport87 06-05-2015 08:11 PM

Does it only shake under acceleration or all the time? Perhaps a u-joint. Maybe a center support bearing. If the steering wheel doesn't shake I'd say it's probably not something with the front end. Not 100% of the timebut a front end issue will show signs through the steering wheel.

DILLESTJAMZ 06-06-2015 10:16 AM

All my suspension components and brakes check out the shake happens after 50mph i would say i might have to take a look at the rotors however no leakes upper control arms are new aswell as front passenger strut i am going to wheel swap wheels with my buddy for a day and see if the shake/vibration continues.

DILLESTJAMZ 06-06-2015 10:18 AM

I do have some what of a camber wear on the rear right wheel, but does that justify a shake or vibration for having some toe? thought it was just the wearing of the tires

JAYS545 06-06-2015 04:58 PM

I had that same problem with my 545. I replaced a warp rotor and replaced.the pads,and no more shake.