E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after cip update, my angel eye's eyebrow missing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recently I've got my 2006 530i updated, now I get mp3 enabled, but I noticed that my headlight's eyebrow missing!
also mp3 playback is not quite ideal. the idrive screen can not show mp3 information( song name, singer), and I also found that the indash cd slot have some problem while playing mp3, some issue of reading data. when I insert an mp3 disk into indash cd slot, it plays only serveral seconds then changes to another track.
but when insert the same disk into the indash dvd slot, no problem at all.
Now I wander if it's software problem or the warranty problem of the indash cd slot? but the cd slot has no problem while playing cd. my cdr is very good quality mitsubishi golden disk...
don't know why. obviously it's easier to read mp3 data from cd disk. 'coz it carries less data. the same song of cd format probably more than 20M, but only 1/3 or 1/4 when compressed into mp3 format.

also another problem, can not turn off the cd playback after I turn off my car. even when I leave the car and lock it, the cd track still advancing! once when I opened the car door to get my sunglass in the glovebox, I even noticed that the 6 cd changer is running! I heard the noise of changing disk!
so of course when you mute the cd while it's playing disk1 track 1, and go back home, the other day you'll find when you turn on the cd, it plays cd2 track 3! so now everytime before I leave the car, I have to change the cd into FM or AM or TV!

does anybody have the same problems?
I am looking forward to another cip update to fix all these issues.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

These are known issues and have been on again off again problems for over a year now.

The eyebrow problem popped up in the 23.1 to 23.2 transition. The CD player running on has been around for what seems like forever.

An update to Progman is to be released soon and it hopefully will correct these problems.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='362122' date='Nov 30 2006, 02:13 PM
These are known issues and have been on again off again problems for over a year now.

The eyebrow problem popped up in the 23.1 to 23.2 transition. The CD player running on has been around for what seems like forever.

An update to Progman is to be released soon and it hopefully will correct these problems.
...or swap the wires on the Light Module...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Ignorance is bliss. My 07' 550i was built in Sept. and the eyebrow has never gone on. I wouldn't have realized it if it weren't for this board. I read there is a fix coming in the spring with the next gen. software. I'll wait until March or so. If no fix is avail. by then, I will instruct dealer to rewire the eyebrow.

DRP
Old 11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by gordonyang' post='361940' date='Nov 30 2006, 10:10 AM
recently I've got my 2006 530i updated, now I get mp3 enabled, but I noticed that my headlight's eyebrow missing!
also mp3 playback is not quite ideal. the idrive screen can not show mp3 information( song name, singer), and I also found that the indash cd slot have some problem while playing mp3, some issue of reading data. when I insert an mp3 disk into indash cd slot, it plays only serveral seconds then changes to another track.
but when insert the same disk into the indash dvd slot, no problem at all.
Now I wander if it's software problem or the warranty problem of the indash cd slot? but the cd slot has no problem while playing cd. my cdr is very good quality mitsubishi golden disk...
don't know why. obviously it's easier to read mp3 data from cd disk. 'coz it carries less data. the same song of cd format probably more than 20M, but only 1/3 or 1/4 when compressed into mp3 format.

also another problem, can not turn off the cd playback after I turn off my car. even when I leave the car and lock it, the cd track still advancing! once when I opened the car door to get my sunglass in the glovebox, I even noticed that the 6 cd changer is running! I heard the noise of changing disk!
so of course when you mute the cd while it's playing disk1 track 1, and go back home, the other day you'll find when you turn on the cd, it plays cd2 track 3! so now everytime before I leave the car, I have to change the cd into FM or AM or TV!

does anybody have the same problems?
I am looking forward to another cip update to fix all these issues.
have a look at this

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=ANGEL+EYES
Old 12-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Members

Eyebrowns lost today .
No possible mp3 reading .
My car is from O8/2005, with PRO-NAV
Does anybody know if they have to do something special
when they reprogram to get the mp3 feature on?.
thanx
Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Yes, that have to specifically follow the MP3 retrofit procedure. It does not come automatically just because you get new software. You must ask for thos procedure to be done.

Originally Posted by pau_laner' post='362444' date='Dec 1 2006, 04:18 AM
Eyebrowns lost today .
No possible mp3 reading .
My car is from O8/2005, with PRO-NAV
Does anybody know if they have to do something special
when they reprogram to get the mp3 feature on?.
thanx
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

i have been the owner for the last 4 hours

wooohhhhyaaaahhyyyyyyaaaahhhhhhh

of a brand new 520d se

made approx 15 days ago

and the eyebrows work....

cheers

steve
Old 12-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='363525' date='Dec 4 2006, 07:55 PM
i have been the owner for the last 4 hours
wooohhhhyaaaahhyyyyyyaaaahhhhhhh

of a brand new 520d se

made approx 15 days ago

and the eyebrows work....
Nice... Means you're running 'old' software...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by gordonyang' post='361940' date='Nov 30 2006, 03:10 AM
but I noticed that my headlight's eyebrow missing!
eyebrows missing ...sounds like they "waxed" your car (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Cheers

Quick Reply: after cip update, my angel eye's eyebrow missing!