E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The admin's new car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Rudy, very well put, I can relate. The only thing you forgot to add is when they do return, it is usually to discuss all the weird problems that surface after delivery that seem to be an exclusive privledge of E60 ownership. Misery loves company.

And the Love/Hate relationship begins.......
Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Contributors

He will be back with pictures and maybe with a poem about his new car
Old 11-08-2005, 04:53 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition
Wink

Here she is:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...85&#entry195085
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Rudy,

You forgot to add the part about posting questions on how to get your software updated to the latest version, trying to get BT to work, and in extreme circumstances, threatening to sue BMW for the options that you were "promised" that did not end up being in your build.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. It's neen since 1976 and I still don't admit I have one.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='194952' date='Nov 8 2005, 11:22 AM
Anyone ever notice the universal E60.net pattern? It goes like this...

A person who's considering the purchase of E60 will lurk in the forums and read all about it. They may or may not register right away.

They'll then begin to ask many questions about what options to order, etc.

From there, they'll place the order and begin to ask how long production takes, how long the boat ride takes, how to track the boat, how long at the VPC, etc.

During that agonizing wait, they'll post more and more to help pass the time.

They'll remind us how much longer they have until they get the car and they'll promise us many pictures and driving impressions as soon as they take delivery.

Then, the day of delivery, they'll post a message a few hours before they leave to take delivery as the excitement reaches an all-time high.

After that, we get a quick post saying they have the car and absolutely love it but they don't have time to post pics, etc. because they're too busy driving it and playing with iDrive, etc.

You see a dramatic drop in posts per day for the next week or so while they enjoy the car.

I believe das is in the last phase -- he's posted that he's gotten the car and likes it but he's now not visiting us as much!

Enjoy your car das!! We'll see you soon, I'm sure...
Interesting that you brought this up, well here's my version......

I am driving my E39 early August than one day decide to scoop out the E60.

Then heard about a promotion and was in an E60 after 3 weeks.

Then the f@#$ing ugly 16" rim upsets me so much that I start surfing the web hoping to find something.

Then I come across this website and start reading the Hong Kong Forum.

Then I found out that alot of owner there like to mod their car and met a member that is selling his 18" 123 rim for a set of 20" ACS Type IV racing rim.

Then I start thinking about mods and start reading other post on the forum and found alot of interesting stuff about the car that it will take me longer time to figure out by myself.

Then became a contributor because of the nice decal.

Then start simple mods and post pics.

Then start posting more pics and posts.

Then got EBMCS03 calling me a post whore.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am quite the opposite to what Rudy said. Agreed, I lurked in this forum for a while before I got the car. Didnt make a single post or even register as all my questions were answered right from locating a ED friendly dealer to actually driving a new BMW . Thanks to all you guys . I really couldnt comment on others posts earlier, as I didnt have a car and I didnt want to make any false claims of the car and its features without owning one

Now that I have the car, I hang out more in the forum and also post a few comments like this besides some details of the car.

You guys ROCK !
Old 11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Perhaps we ought to add to the list:

1) After driving around and posting pictures, first payment comes
2) Internet connection disconnected due to lack of payment.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

My wife calls us all anoraks......
Old 11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='195125' date='Nov 8 2005, 07:26 AM

What you think I would miss this post?

BTW congrats das!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='195546

What you think I would miss this post?

BTW congrats das!
[/quote]

I know I couldn't sneak one by you. Name:  fire.gif
Views: 32
Size:  2.9 KBThe admin's new car...-blowup.gif

Quick Reply: The admin's new car...