E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The admin's new car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

I'll have to live vicariously until my 530xi 6 speed shows up - I think that Das and I have very similar cars so I look forward to his commentary!

Unfortunately my new dealer still needs to get the car from the first dealership I worked with who wants to see if they can sell my car - (doubtful given the 6 speed and other options that very few want) - but I'm thinking one week tops...

Also, just found out that my M-aero kit will be installed at my new dealership instead of the VPC - so I may see the car earlier than expected! plus I'll be able to decide if I want to keep the stock rear bumper or not....
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by wulff1' post='194817' date='Nov 7 2005, 05:06 PM
I'll have to live vicariously until my 530xi 6 speed shows up - I think that Das and I have very similar cars so I look forward to his commentary!

Unfortunately my new dealer still needs to get the car from the first dealership I worked with who wants to see if they can sell my car - (doubtful given the 6 speed and other options that very few want) - but I'm thinking one week tops...

Also, just found out that my M-aero kit will be installed at my new dealership instead of the VPC - so I may see the car earlier than expected! plus I'll be able to decide if I want to keep the stock rear bumper or not....
I saw him driving around in both the admin's new car and the emperor's new clothes. It was an quite a sight indeed.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Anyone ever notice the universal E60.net pattern? It goes like this...

A person who's considering the purchase of E60 will lurk in the forums and read all about it. They may or may not register right away.

They'll then begin to ask many questions about what options to order, etc.

From there, they'll place the order and begin to ask how long production takes, how long the boat ride takes, how to track the boat, how long at the VPC, etc.

During that agonizing wait, they'll post more and more to help pass the time.

They'll remind us how much longer they have until they get the car and they'll promise us many pictures and driving impressions as soon as they take delivery.

Then, the day of delivery, they'll post a message a few hours before they leave to take delivery as the excitement reaches an all-time high.

After that, we get a quick post saying they have the car and absolutely love it but they don't have time to post pics, etc. because they're too busy driving it and playing with iDrive, etc.

You see a dramatic drop in posts per day for the next week or so while they enjoy the car.

I believe das is in the last phase -- he's posted that he's gotten the car and likes it but he's now not visiting us as much!

Enjoy your car das!! We'll see you soon, I'm sure...
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='194952' date='Nov 7 2005, 09:22 PM

A person who's considering the purchase of E60 will lurk in the forums and read all about it. They may or may not register right away.

From there, they'll place the order and begin to ask how long production takes, how long the boat ride takes, how to track the boat, how long at the VPC, etc.

They'll remind us how much longer they have until they get the car and they'll promise us many pictures and driving impressions as soon as they take delivery.

Then, the day of delivery, they'll post a message a few hours before they leave to take delivery as the excitement reaches an all-time high.

After that, we get a quick post saying they have the car and absolutely love it but they don't have time to post pics, etc. because they're too busy driving it and playing with iDrive, etc.

You see a dramatic drop in posts per day for the next week or so while they enjoy the car.

I believe das is in the last phase -- he's posted that he's gotten the car and likes it but he's now not visiting us as much!

couldnt say it any better than that!
nice going!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Can totally agree!

Skaffa
Old 11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

That's hilarious.

I'm in the waiting stage...so I check this forum way too often just to see if there is any tidbit of information I've overlooked.

Rudy, the big question is this: do they come back after they've played with their new toy for a week or so??

Old 11-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

My god, I believe you've described a new medical syndrome.

As an MD, I've just diagnosed myself with the same pattern of behavior you've just described! -

the first step is admitting you have a problem. Yes I have this pre-E60 arrival syndrome.

Yes, I visit this site innumerable times a day despite a busy surgical and research schedule.

Yes, I admit that I glean less and less the more I visit but the addiction is a powerful one.

Yes, the E60 site is the most awesome car forum on the internet because bimmer loyalists are passionate about every aspect of their cars.

Yes, I will probably drop off the site when my damn car shows up - but I will promise to post some pics, maybe....

the problem is the honeymoon period requires some one on one time - so let's give Das some privacy -

wow, we are obsessed with our bimmers.....sick really, or at least that's what my girlfriend says...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by wulff1' post='194974' date='Nov 7 2005, 11:30 PM
My god, I believe you've described a new medical syndrome.

As an MD, I've just diagnosed myself with the same pattern of behavior you've just described! -

the first step is admitting you have a problem. Yes I have this pre-E60 arrival syndrome.

Yes, I visit this site innumerable times a day despite a busy surgical and research schedule.

Yes, I admit that I glean less and less the more I visit but the addiction is a powerful one.

Yes, the E60 site is the most awesome car forum on the internet because bimmer loyalists are passionate about every aspect of their cars.

Yes, I will probably drop off the site when my damn car shows up - but I will promise to post some pics, maybe....

the problem is the honeymoon period requires some one on one time - so let's give Das some privacy -

wow, we are obsessed with our bimmers.....sick really, or at least that's what my girlfriend says...
wulff1----you can't drop out before you post pics!! I'm 6 weeks behind you and need to see the Silver Gray with the M Aero package and the 123 wheels!!!!

If you don't post pics, then prescribe some medicine that I can pick up at the local pharmacy...see? I'm still lurking around late at night re-reading posts I've already read. I'm sick, I tell you.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Members

I will do my best to post those pics - really, I promise.......
perhaps if I can get this rapidly growing E60 tumor removed from my brain I'll figure out how to use my digital camera.....

godspeed!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='194952' date='Nov 7 2005, 10:22 PM

Guilty as charged. The wait is killing me and I already have an e60 in the house. That must make me a true sociapath!!!

Regards, Mike...

Quick Reply: The admin's new car...