E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adjust Fold-Down Mirror when parking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='323201' date='Aug 16 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi. I have been assuming that this is not possible,.. but then again considering that it is just software it should be possible to change!

When you stick the gear in reverse the 'other' side mirror folds down so that you can see the curb. But for me it folds down too far! I only want it to fold about 50% of what it now does.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience on how to change this? Can the dealer adjust it?

Ronald
I have the same issue with the mirror tilting too low. I suppose in Europe, they do alot more parallel parking then in North America so the feature is more useful there to see the curb. I park 99% in between cars and in a garage so seeing that low doesn't help much.

I like the Benz's version of this, the side mirrors don't tilt, but they turn towards the car a few degrees so that when you are in reverse, you'll see the 2 sides of your car from the side mirrors. And the mirrors stay that way even if you shift to D. (the mirrors go back to normal position only after you drive forward for a few seconds). I think this is smarter and more useful, at least for those who don't do parallel parking that much.