E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adding NAV to an 07 550i pre-LCI

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what you get. Like I said, when I was looking at buying from bmwretrofit, the system came precoded and was 100% plug and play. I bought the components separately and coded it myself. It's also possible that the ccc you buy may already match your options. Unlikely though. Basically, when you install it everything will work, but your stereo might not sound right if your amp is different. Your heated seats might not show up in idrive. Things like CDC or iPod might not work right. So on and so on. The system will physically work with no coding at all though.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
Depends on what you get. Like I said, when I was looking at buying from bmwretrofit, the system came precoded and was 100% plug and play. I bought the components separately and coded it myself. It's also possible that the ccc you buy may already match your options. Unlikely though. Basically, when you install it everything will work, but your stereo might not sound right if your amp is different. Your heated seats might not show up in idrive. Things like CDC or iPod might not work right. So on and so on. The system will physically work with no coding at all though.
Okay, this should be my last set of questions for now... So the Patrys guy sells the stuff precoded, so that it will be plug&play and everything will work properly without additional coding? And if not, he can code everything after its all installed over the internet?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

He would have to answer those questions. I've never dealt with nor bought from him. I couldn't even guess what his prices are.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Members

Sent him a PM but haven't gotten a reply. Anyone here have an alternate method of contacting him?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Members

Still nothing... Anyone? Would really like to do this.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Members
Senior Members

Code it yourself. If your ok with a computer it's not hard at all n
Old 09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Members

Guess I'll have to I've that a try. Possible to do with a Mac, right? also, where is a good place to get the parts needed?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

If the Mac is new enough and can run windows. Parts from either eBay or through the classifieds here.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by balbs
You have it backwards. CIC is the newer HDD based system.
He had it correct. Maybe you were reading backwards?

Originally Posted by DangerousTacos
Guess I'll have to I've that a try. Possible to do with a Mac, right? also, where is a good place to get the parts needed?
We've discussed this so much. If you want to live without some options like voice control, skip the microphone.Buy a CCC Profession Navigation, if it comes with the fan and fan harness great, if not, get a fan, get the 8.8"monitor.If you use SSS (progman) to code this you have to get the correct part# for you car or it will abort the retrofit. If not you can get any 8.8" monitor even from an X5, 6 series, 7 series and take out the screen and retrofit your current display case to fit (if you're handy enough with tools) and get yoruself a fakra gps cable (its magnetic) and route it behind the odometer behind the display about 12" away from CCC.http://www.ebay.com/...=item336b87f047 Hook it all up. If it works, great. If not, get yourself some tools and start coding the car. It's not hard just requires some reading. All of which is already here for you.
I use Progman quite often and these retrofits can be a PITA due to many variables. I guess I'd just recommend NCS.
I would only use Windows XP SP3 on any of these BMW tools.
My Audi / Volkswagen tools run fine on Windows 7 but I still use them on XP as well. I've gotten the BMW tools to work on Win 7 32 bit and worked great until that ONE time where I really needed it and it caused an issue even when in compatibility mode. XP all the way after that one.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
If the Mac is new enough and can run windows. Parts from either eBay or through the classifieds here.
Thanks, will have a look around.

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
He had it correct. Maybe you were reading backwards?
Nah I was wrong, I went back to correct the mistake.

Quick Reply: Adding NAV to an 07 550i pre-LCI