E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adaptive xenon problem again

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I've noticed that few of members have had this same problem.

Problem was that this green led started blinking and xenon lights stopped turning.
So our local dealer changed left light unit because it seemed to be jammed... and they also changed some
other xenon lights units.
Okay the led is not blinkin anymore and the light is moving when they move it with the car tester.
BUT it still dont work as it use to be :-( When i start the car left light does it own movements and right its own.
They are not syncronized.. They were before.

Also when i drive left light in not moving only right side..
I've been at the workshop for four times now and they dont know whats wrong

Anyone with same problems and hopefully an solution
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FIN530D' post='395909' date='Feb 26 2007, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Problem was that this green led started blinking and xenon lights stopped turning.
So our local dealer changed left light unit because it seemed to be jammed... and they also changed some
Okay the led is not blinkin anymore and the light is moving when they move it with the car tester.
BUT it still dont work as it use to be :-( When i start the car left light does it own movements and right its own.
They are not syncronized.. They were before.

Also when i drive left light in not moving only right side..
I've been at the workshop for four times now and they dont know whats wrong

Anyone with same problems and hopefully an solution
I think i have the same problem with the left headlight, but I haven't go to the dealership to get it fixed.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Outside of headlights leveling when I first put them on, I can't tell if the darn things are turning when I do..
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='395913' date='Feb 26 2007, 03:41 PM
Outside of headlights leveling when I first put them on, I can't tell if the darn things are turning when I do..
After the head lights come to there level position when you start the car turn the steering wheel to the left and you should be able to see them move . Its best to try and do this in a place like your garage.
Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

On mine, I have only noticed that the one headlight is higher than the other.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

This feature is disabled when the car is at a standstill, isn?t it?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cidair' post='396185' date='Feb 27 2007, 04:11 AM
This feature is disabled when the car is at a standstill, isn?t it?
They are indeed - well they'll turn to the nearside (passenger side) slightly, but not the other way.

And I think it's normal for the nearside light to be slightly higher than the offside light - I'm sure I've seen a BMW drawing where this is the case, effectively giving you more illumination of the hedgerow/curb/etc.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by marklp' post='396191' date='Feb 27 2007, 04:41 AM
They are indeed - well they'll turn to the nearside (passenger side) slightly, but not the other way.
The post that I read also said that. That is why you have to move the steering wheel all the way to the left to get the lights to be able to move, Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
cheers
vern
Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by FIN530D' post='395909' date='Feb 26 2007, 10:27 PM
Hi,
I'm not surpriced at all.

Wather is at -20 C is ice!

Wather + electronics =

For fellow Forum members in South US, H.K. and in other warm places,

We suffer...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vern' post='396263' date='Feb 27 2007, 04:52 PM
The post that I read also said that. That is why you have to move the steering wheel all the way to the left to get the lights to be able to move, Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
cheers
vern
This is by desing, when car is not moving only the passenger side light moves. It is because if you are waiting to turn to driver side the lights would point directly against approaching vehiles
But in my situation even when lights fixed and car on the move the driver side dont?t turn at all
Anyway i have new time to the worksop at next friday, they are changing the xenon control unit again ...
Let?s hope for the best

Quick Reply: Adaptive xenon problem again