E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adaptive headlight system and back up mirror problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off hello..im new here. I have been a member of the vwvortex(as a was a passat owner before getting a hand-me-down 2005 525i) and know the greatness of forums. So this poor car has been the victim of both my mother and my lil sis...of all the bad things to happen to this car 2 things stand out and still need some love(besides all the little dents and scratches my sister still has to fix):

1. The Adaptive headlight system does not turn left and right anymore. the car was in a front end wreck and the lights were replaced. they have the leds on the sides idk if they should, thought that was the 530 lights. theres is no error light on and i was wondering if i should disconnect the battery to reset it or something else.

2. The right mirror doesn't tilt down when i back up...my sister or one of her friends backed the mirror into something and $600 later the glass is fixed, but the feature is gone.

Im going to pray that my sister doesn't get to ruin my passat and that my mom doesn't wreck her fully loaded red/red 335i(maybe i can con her into getting that one too ) The inside of this car is still in nice shape with its orange and black trim freighted from Germany, but i miss my turbo blow off and 15 in the trunk.

ps- if u see a female in bmw hide
Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by TURBOBLACK02' post='943097' date='Jul 15 2009, 03:02 PM
First off hello..im new here. I have been a member of the vwvortex(as a was a passat owner before getting a hand-me-down 2005 525i) and know the greatness of forums. So this poor car has been the victim of both my mother and my lil sis...of all the bad things to happen to this car 2 things stand out and still need some love(besides all the little dents and scratches my sister still has to fix):

1. The Adaptive headlight system does not turn left and right anymore. the car was in a front end wreck and the lights were replaced. they have the leds on the sides idk if they should, thought that was the 530 lights. theres is no error light on and i was wondering if i should disconnect the battery to reset it or something else.

2. The right mirror doesn't tilt down when i back up...my sister or one of her friends backed the mirror into something and $600 later the glass is fixed, but the feature is gone.

Im going to pray that my sister doesn't get to ruin my passat and that my mom doesn't wreck her fully loaded red/red 335i(maybe i can con her into getting that one too ) The inside of this car is still in nice shape with its orange and black trim freighted from Germany, but i miss my turbo blow off and 15 in the trunk.

ps- if u see a female in bmw hide
Welcome!

1. I'll assume you have the light switch turned to A for automatic. The adaptive feature only works in A mode. And to follow up that thought, you do have the Xenon lights I assume. A 2005 525 did not come with the Xenon's as standard, they were an added option or part of the Premium Package. No Xenon = no adaptive headlights.

2. For the mirror tilt to work, the switch has to be set to the driver's side. Switch on the passenger side = no tilting mirror. If you have the switch properly set, we can only assume that there was internal damage to the motor which was not fixed after the accident.

Being a 2005, you might still be under warranty but given that both issues were caused by accidents, I see no chance that BMW will cover under warranty.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='943318' date='Jul 15 2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome!

1. I'll assume you have the light switch turned to A for automatic. The adaptive feature only works in A mode. And to follow up that thought, you do have the Xenon lights I assume. A 2005 525 did not come with the Xenon's as standard, they were an added option or part of the Premium Package. No Xenon = no adaptive headlights.

2. For the mirror tilt to work, the switch has to be set to the driver's side. Switch on the passenger side = no tilting mirror. If you have the switch properly set, we can only assume that there was internal damage to the motor which was not fixed after the accident.

Being a 2005, you might still be under warranty but given that both issues were caused by accidents, I see no chance that BMW will cover under warranty.
Thanks...it has both the sport and premium package...but theres no telling what the replacement lights are, at least they are still hid