E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adaptive HeadLight Stops

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Range Rover Westminster Edition,6000 Mile Corvette C4 And titanium Gray 2005 530i

Hi There How Is Everything
I Just Start My Car Today And I Noticed That The Adaptive Headlight Stops Turning When I Turn The Wheel!
And Yesterday I Didn't Have That Issue
Plz Anyone Has Any Idea About That And How Can I Check The Problem?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by A-R-H' post='376584' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:50 PM
Hi There How Is Everything
I Just Start My Car Today And I Noticed That The Adaptive Headlight Stops Turning When I Turn The Wheel!
And Yesterday I Didn't Have That Issue
Plz Anyone Has Any Idea About That And How Can I Check The Problem?
a few things to check

(i) is your light switch/knob still in the 'A' - automatic position. It needs to be for the adaptive function to work
(ii) if it is set correctly, is the green LED next to the light switch/knob solid or flashing (if flashing then there is fault with your lights and you need to go yo your dealer)
(iii) if the switch is at 'A' and it's not flashing then they should be working fine (in theory). Could it possible be that you are testing them when the car is stationary (remember adaptive lights are designed not to turn in one direction when the car is parked so that you don't blind oncoming traffic while parking or moving out of a parking spot)

Hope this helps...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Members

My Ride: Range Rover Westminster Edition,6000 Mile Corvette C4 And titanium Gray 2005 530i

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='376591' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:03 PM
a few things to check

(i) is your light switch/knob still in the 'A' - automatic position. It needs to be for the adaptive function to work
(ii) if it is set correctly, is the green LED next to the light switch/knob solid or flashing (if flashing then there is fault with your lights and you need to go yo your dealer)
(iii) if the switch is at 'A' and it's not flashing then they should be working fine (in theory). Could it possible be that you are testing them when the car is stationary (remember adaptive lights are designed not to turn in one direction when the car is parked so that you don't blind oncoming traffic while parking or moving out of a parking spot)

Hope this helps...
Thanx For Ur Fast Reply
The Light Knob Is On The A Positione And It's Not Flashing!
Plus I Test It While The Car Is Moving And It Didn't Work( When They Were Working While The Car In Stationary Position The Lights Only Turns On The Right Side And Thats Normal ).
I Don't Know Whats The Problem But I Think I Will Try To Search For The Fuse And if I Expensed The Same Problem I Will Go To The Dealer Tomorrow.