E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adaptive Cruise Control owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]
Thumbs up

I need a help from those of you that have the Adaptive Cruise Control. Not that I have one but I'll be installing an hardwired radar detector and I was thinking of hiding the front sensor under the space/trim and lens of the active cruise control....

Can anyone please confrim the part # 33 on the pic is a tinted lens cover or it is a solid black piece of plastic?

I was thinking of ordering part #15 + #33 and putting the sensor under there.....

Thx a lot
Attached Thumbnails Adaptive Cruise Control owners-clipboard03.jpg   Adaptive Cruise Control owners-clipboard02.jpg  
Old 05-06-2006, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

also can anyone confirm that radar detector sensor can be hidden underneath the plastic bumper?
I've hear that it is possible to stuck it from inside the bumper with no problem.... no need for the sensor to be bare stripped view
Old 05-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I don't think #33 is the part you're looking for. All those parts in the small boxes along the lower right side of the image are little "hardware" parts like screws, caps, clips, etc.

You're looking for the tinted "dome" where the active cruise sensor is, right?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='278723' date='May 6 2006, 08:45 AM
You're looking for the tinted "dome" where the active cruise sensor is, right?
yes Rudy

i've been told that the "dome" is actual part of the cruise control unit..... which seems pretty stupid since in that case no protection againts rocks and stuff so if broken all the unit/sensor has to be changed????

I still hope there is some plastic dome cover
Old 05-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

The tinted dome is part of the entire ACC module so I doubt you'll be getting one of those...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...099&hg=66&fg=05

edit: I see you were editting your post as I was replying...as I mentioned above, you are right that it's one unit.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Contributors

that is ridiculous..... so the sensor is not protected from rocks and debris??? stupid....

Are you sure Rudy? the part no 1 ACC-SENSOR looks like there is "hole" for some "plug" I need
Old 05-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Thanks Rudy - for the bad news
BTW any chance for the instructions how to remove the black plastic cover around the fog light??? thnx
Old 05-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Peter, I understand (and agree) that it seems ridiculous that the tinted dome isn't an individual, inexpensive part in case a stone would crack it, etc.

I'm still not 100% sure -- there may be a part (I just can't find it) but even if there is, it looks like it snaps into the ACC module so it might be difficult for you to use it the way you intend to.

I'll take a look for some info on removing the cover around the fog light...
Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Is this the instructions you are looking for?

replacing_trim_for_air_duct_on_bumper_trim.pdf
Old 05-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Contributors

thanks Rudy.
perfect, plug-n-play no screws