E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AC Blowing Hot Air??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535Xi

this started yesterday, and i had hopped it was just an issue because the car was parked outside more so than normal. the ac & max ac seem to blow hot / warm air. it actually seems like when i turn the ac off the air is cooler. any ideas? i have the car going in to check the anti-trap problem i had with the rear window this week, but if any one has experienced this prior i'd appreciate any help / pointers. the car has less than 1500 miles too, which kind of makes me question the reliability
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by PhilPGHE60' post='622668' date='Jul 13 2008, 11:24 AM
this started yesterday, and i had hopped it was just an issue because the car was parked outside more so than normal. the ac & max ac seem to blow hot / warm air. it actually seems like when i turn the ac off the air is cooler. any ideas? i have the car going in to check the anti-trap problem i had with the rear window this week, but if any one has experienced this prior i'd appreciate any help / pointers. the car has less than 1500 miles too, which kind of makes me question the reliability
My a/c was effected twice by electrical problems. First time was a faulty ground which led the car to "think" the battery was dying so it put the a/c in sleep mode. This time( 2nd occurence car at the dealership now) they are replacing the compressor and the battery (bad cell). The battery led the car to put some functions into sleep mode. I am trying to remain positive that the Dealership and BMW will make it right. It has not been a lack of effort. Somewhat disouraged that I have had the car for 3 or so months and it has had more visits than when I had my 2001 325i or 1998 318ti.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by PhilPGHE60' post='622668' date='Jul 13 2008, 11:24 AM
You may try driving it for a while and see if it gets cold. It may be in sleep mode and may awaken when the car has run for a while and the altenator has run for a while.?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Contributors

did u check ur climate control through i-drive.enter the climate area. there, u should see a character with bars(1,2,3,4 bars, depends) they should have the color blue and not red.

as for the anti-trap, i see you read the post about it. but still, even though if it worked, u should have it checked by the SA.

GL
Old 07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='622782' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:49 PM
did u check ur climate control through i-drive.enter the climate area. there, u should see a character with bars(1,2,3,4 bars, depends) they should have the color blue and not red.

as for the anti-trap, i see you read the post about it. but still, even though if it worked, u should have it checked by the SA.

GL
well i checked and they were set to red, but i think that was from me trying to get the AC to work and turning most of the knobs. i changed it back to 4 bars blue, and went for a drive, both normal AC and max AC didn't seem to turn on.

someone mentioned that when the battery was having a problem the AC and other things would go into sleep mode, what are the other things? as far as i can tell everything else is working without problems.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributors

try just pressing the button MAX.it should light up the FROST button and CYCLING button and the MAX button.IF THAT DOESNT WORK.

best thing to do is head to the SA and COMPLAIN

GL
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='622829' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:45 PM
try just pressing the button MAX.it should light up the FROST button and CYCLING button and the MAX button.IF THAT DOESNT WORK.

best thing to do is head to the SA and COMPLAIN

GL
i tried that too, i'll be calling my SA tomorrow. really gives me a good feeling that less than 1500 miles and it already has a fairly major problem.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PhilPGHE60' post='622838' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:55 PM
i tried that too, i'll be calling my SA tomorrow. really gives me a good feeling that less than 1500 miles and it already has a fairly major problem.

There might be a problem with compressor or low and preon gas charge.

Take it to the dealer and let them check it. It happend to me and they replaced a part and recharged the system
Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Contributors

well tried my best helping u out. it may be a faulty compressor or low in gas.

anyways, GL and keep us posted on ur updates, that way we can all learn of these symptoms
Old 07-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Members

im having the same problem with my 05 525i...i bought the car used and it is no longer under warranty. a couple months ago i tried installing a sound sysmem which messed with the electricals in the back stock amp..im hoping that has nothing to do with it. although my sound system did have problems and now ive taken the sub and amps out but left the wiring in there. my ac's been blowing off hot air for about a month now but i havent taken the time to check it out..havent found a real solution and dont know if i wanna dish out a large amt to get it fixed.

Quick Reply: AC Blowing Hot Air??