E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

90k checkup/ intermittent rubbing sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i

My car is just about due for the 90k checkup. Does anybody know what they check exactly? My dealer had slipped when I asked him. He said they don't really check anything... I really don't like my dealer.

The only issue with my car is that there is a rubbing sound from the front suspension when going over bumps. It comes and goes though. has anybody experienced this? They ALLEGEDLY did the control arms at 50k but it never solved the prob. I have lived with it for a looong time.
They said that it was road damage to the sway bar.

I also think I may have the valve ticking problem

Needless to say I am considering having an independent shop.. Bavarian Workshop in SFV.. do it. Is this a good idea? Does anybody have any experience with them. Marc, the owner seems like a nice guy that really cares about BMWs and his customers. I'm almost out of warranty so I'm going to be turning my back on the dealer soon anyway.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by speedmeister' post='1000402' date='Sep 6 2009, 08:06 PM
My car is just about due for the 90k checkup. Does anybody know what they check exactly? My dealer had slipped when I asked him. He said they don't really check anything... I really don't like my dealer.

The only issue with my car is that there is a rubbing sound from the front suspension when going over bumps. It comes and goes though. has anybody experienced this? They ALLEGEDLY did the control arms at 50k but it never solved the prob. I have lived with it for a looong time.
They said that it was road damage to the sway bar.

I also think I may have the valve ticking problem

Needless to say I am considering having an independent shop.. Bavarian Workshop in SFV.. do it. Is this a good idea? Does anybody have any experience with them. Marc, the owner seems like a nice guy that really cares about BMWs and his customers. I'm almost out of warranty so I'm going to be turning my back on the dealer soon anyway.
I think you should make sure they replace your coolant expansion tank. Along with the spark plugs of course.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1000403' date='Sep 6 2009, 05:10 PM
I think you should make sure they replace your coolant expansion tank. Along with the spark plugs of course.
Acording to idrive, spark plugs are due at 100k. dealer said he could do them around 98k. Do you think they can be done sooner? What is the deal w the coolant expansion tank? Would it be covered by CPO? Is it expensive?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by speedmeister' post='1000407' date='Sep 6 2009, 08:14 PM
Acording to idrive, spark plugs are due at 100k. dealer said he could do them around 98k. Do you think they can be done sooner? What is the deal w the coolant expansion tank? Would it be covered by CPO? Is it expensive?
I would say to change the spark plugs at 60K already, and a lot of other people who have done so would agree.

The coolant expansion tank is the tank where you put in the coolant. They are prone to cracks, and should be checked out. They are covered if they break, but not if you ask them to replace it if it still works. I think they cost 70ish dollars. I would also check all the coolant hoses and clamps just for preventative maintenance.