E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

545i Transmisson/ SLAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see many have this issue, would anyone want to get together and then approach BMW NA with this concern?

i think this is a good start the more driver the better and being this is a global forum this will prove to BMW this problem exist throughout production.

I have some ideas, PM or post here on how to proceed
Old 05-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

I'll let you know if a few days. My dealership is taking my car in tomorrow to work on this issue.

I love the 545 99% of the time, but if the dealership can't get this fixed there is no way I'll continue to drive it.

I had an '04 530i with Steptronic until a month ago, and I never had any issues with it.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='May 16 2005, 08:55 PM
I'll let you know if a few days.? My dealership is taking my car in tomorrow to work on this issue.

I love the 545 99% of the time, but if the dealership can't get this fixed there is no way I'll continue to drive it.

I had an '04 530i with Steptronic until a month ago, and I never had any issues with it.
[snapback]129439[/snapback]

DFWRaider:

I have the issue, what dealer are you using? Zeiring, I am happy to proceed as you see fit.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yes count me in. My car is at the dealer getting 16.2 which is suppose to "fix" this... we'll see... If it doesnt I'm not going to be very happy.... what are your ideas? PM if you dont want to share globally yet.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Keep me in the loop
Old 05-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Members

Hey guys, please keep us posted on how this progresses. As you might have seen in another post, I've got a 545 on order for ED and am a little nervous about it. I'll probably keep the order and proceed rather than cancel, and if it turns out to have this problem I'd like to know how you are doing and if BMW is working with you to resolve.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='May 16 2005, 09:04 PM
[quote name='DFWRaider' date='May 16 2005, 08:55 PM']I'll let you know if a few days.? My dealership is taking my car in tomorrow to work on this issue.

[snapback]129439[/snapback]

DFWRaider:

I have the issue, what dealer are you using? Zeiring, I am happy to proceed as you see fit.
[snapback]129459[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am using Moritz BMW where I bought the car. They didn't seem to be aware of this being an issue, but I forward them one of the threads from this board. The service advisor said he thought a software upgrade would fix the issue, but my car has been upgraded to 16.2 already. In fact, the problem didn't manifest itself until after the 16.2 upgrade.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

I am using Moritz BMW where I bought the car. They didn't seem to be aware of this being an issue, but I forward them one of the threads from this board. The service advisor said he thought a software upgrade would fix the issue, but my car has been upgraded to 16.2 already. In fact, the problem didn't manifest itself until after the 16.2 upgrade.
[snapback]129755[/snapback]

I didnt have it until 16.2 either
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Members

Sounds Good Guys my car still slams with the new software done last week, I cant take this anymore, the also cant fix the AC issue with the smell they said no faults found bunch of BS

I used Endurance BMW, Manhattan and Westchester BMW

If any of you guys want to email me direct do so at this email address and I will compose all the documents and write the letter.

P.S. I did this before with Mercedes and Jaguar and got myself and others out of their cars so dont give up

villapiatza212@yahoo.com
Old 05-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='May 18 2005, 04:08 PM
Sounds Good Guys my car still slams with the new software done last week, I cant take this anymore, the also cant fix the AC issue with the smell they said no faults found bunch of BS

I used Endurance BMW, Manhattan and Westchester BMW

If any of you guys want to email me direct do so at this email address and I will compose all the documents and write the letter.

P.S. I did this before with Mercedes and Jaguar and got myself and others out of their cars so dont give up

villapiatza212@yahoo.com
[snapback]130338[/snapback]
I may be inclined to join the group after today. As murphy's law would have it, the dealership can't seem to recreate the slam (it only happens once a week at best), and all of my software is completely up to date. They gave it to one of their managers to drive home last night to see if he encounted the problem, but I'm sure the car will be on good behavior.

My dealership is absolutely great with customer service, but service-wise they've never been very good at doing anything "out of the box" in regards to electical/IDrive issues so I doubt they'll be able to fix this issue. I'll know more by the end of today, and am going to be really unhappy if I'm stuck with a $60,000 car that makes me a nervous wreck everytime I approach a stop sign.

Quick Reply: 545i Transmisson/ SLAM