E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

540i Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Picked up my car 2 days ago and I'm a happy boy!! The handling of the car is awesome!!

Will try to post pics this weekend.

I had a strange issue with the a/c last night. When I started the car, the sound of the a/c was like the fan was going full speed. This kept going until I reached my destination. I turned off the ignition and the fan was still running. I left it hoping that it would shut down itself. Upon my return the noise was gone and when I started my engine the a/c noise was normal. Anyone experienced this before?
Old 09-04-2006 | 11:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport Sedan. Titanuim Silver, Sunroof, Black Dakota Interior, Anthracite Maple Trim, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth

Leburpor,

Dont understand why the aircon fan was going full tilt for that initial drive. Whats puzzling is it disappeared after the initial drive.

Have you set the auto climate settings within iDrive for the passenger and driver. I remember when i took delivery of mine, they had temp set to max cool for the vents for my upper body, and the fan was always blowing max.

- I adjusted the climate settings within iDrive for something about in the middle of the settings for both driver and passenger.
- I then set the overall temp for passenger and driver to around 22 celsius on the central console temp dials.
- I then just hit the Auto button for the system to auto regulate the temp/fan.
- I also turned off the recirculated air setting to OFF, so it is always bringing in "fresh" air from the outside. (I found in the Queensland summer that if it was set on auto recirc that I would sometimes get a musty smell coming from the aircon when i started the car on the next drive. Dealer said it was moisture build up inside the aircon ducts from the local humid conditions. Turning the auto recirc off fixed the problem. )

Anyway, enjoy your new motor !!
Old 09-05-2006 | 01:40 PM
Senior Members

G'day MrJames!

I believe I've set the air distribution evenly via IDrive. The A/c has been working fine so far. It was just that 1 isolated incident.

I'm loving the car so far but the fuel is really killing me!! So far I'm averaging 16.8lt/100kms

The comfort seats are so much more comfier than my previous E-class. And even though the ride is stiffer than the E it is still very comfortable. The handling is just awesome

There are a few very small issues that I'm experiencing, but they are so insignificant I can't even be bothered to raise it with my dealer yet. These are things like:
- IDrive can be very slow to boot on start up, but most times it's immediate
- CD Music always starts in the middle of the next track after I start my car
- IDrive occasionally picking up wrong caller ID for incoming calls via my XDA Atom

I'm rating my driving experience as 9.5/10 so far.

Pics of my car with Adelaide scenery to come! I've just been too busy driving this beast
Old 09-05-2006 | 11:52 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 540i Carbon Blk/ Black Dakota/Alu, 6 Sp Steptronic, Pro Navigation, PDC, M-Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Elec Sunroof, Style 166 19"

Hi Leburpor

Congrats on the new car! Looks sharp. 172's were my second choice ( I got 166's).. I am in Brisbane and have a 540 too and its 6 months old now so I'll be interested to compare notes once you've had it a while.

Cheers
Oz540
Old 09-07-2006 | 02:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Silver Grey, 19" Alpinas, Sports suspensio. 04 X5 3.0d Sport Sapphire Black, Caramel, Panoramic Roof

Hi Leburpor, lets go for a cruise sometime. Keen to check out the comfort seats. Enjoy.