E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535i owners please help - looking into a 2008 535i CPO purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka
Now that its been recently confirmed that the CPO warranty does NOT cover electronics - I wouldn't feel comfortable making payments on a CPO BMW with this kind of risk exposure. Just my .02.

Other than that, the 535i is a solid car.
i think you're wrong. it doesn't cover the CCC and audio, but otherwise does cover other electrical items. from bmwusa.com:

(Not Covered under CPO):

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Members

Its a great car to drive. HPFP "can" be an issue on the N54 engine as you are aware. Does not mean it will be and I would not let that deter me from buying a 535i. You have to realize that in the online community you are going to always hear the bad about a particular cars issues like the HPFP. But take that as a whole and consider how many satisfied 535i owners are out there that you do not even read about. I came from an 07 335i with the same engine and did not think twice about it. The HPFP issue is definitely something BMW should have addressed much sooner then later as they did. It sounds like you have done your homework and good luck on your buying decision whether it be a 535i or another 530i.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

I love my 08 535i with Prem. pkg. No problems with HPFP. I was in a severe accident in the car and two other cars but my wife and I were the only ones who were unhurt and the car was the only vehicle still driveable. We are convinced the car was instrumental in our safety. Its a good choice. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by shad951
Its a great car to drive. HPFP "can" be an issue on the N54 engine as you are aware. Does not mean it will be and I would not let that deter me from buying a 535i. You have to realize that in the online community you are going to always hear the bad about a particular cars issues like the HPFP. But take that as a whole and consider how many satisfied 535i owners are out there that you do not even read about. I came from an 07 335i with the same engine and did not think twice about it. The HPFP issue is definitely something BMW should have addressed much sooner then later as they did. It sounds like you have done your homework and good luck on your buying decision whether it be a 535i or another 530i.

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
I love my 08 535i with Prem. pkg. No problems with HPFP. I was in a severe accident in the car and two other cars but my wife and I were the only ones who were unhurt and the car was the only vehicle still driveable. We are convinced the car was instrumental in our safety. Its a good choice. Good luck.

Thanks guys - this is very helpful and assuring. Much appreciated! I spoke to my friend with a 335i and he said no issues either. Still looking for a killer CPO deal for my lil sis.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

I flew to Chicago this past Friday (one-way flight was $127) and drove back a CPO 08 535i to NC. Negotiated it down to $30k w/ 31k on the odo. Options I can recall: sport, luxury, nav, heat, ipod, shades, & comfort.

Was only looking for sports and nav packages, but am surprised at how useful the comfort access has been and how often I use the electric rear shade.

Hope that may help!
Attached Thumbnails 535i owners please help - looking into a 2008 535i CPO purchase-nov262010.jpg  
Old 12-02-2010, 04:42 AM
Members

Are the red inserts on the 535 rear bumper functioning and light up or just reflectors?

if reflectors anyone know where I can buy and add to my 07 530xi?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Members

from realoem I see they are reflectors euro spec for the 07 530xi and just painted in the us

04 Reflector left 1 03/2007 63146915039 $13.17
04 Reflector right 1 03/2007 63146915040 $13.17

Anyone swapped these out before? Can a US dealer order? Wondering how tough to get the old one off would be.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Members

Had my 08 535i early this year and had to service the HPFP already. Didnt really care tho, the dealer gave me a 530i loner care and my care WAS NOT CPO! Took them about a week to order the part and install it. The trick is to get REALLY kool with an advisor at the stealership and things that is not even covered under my warranty get FIXED!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by imperialtrini1
Had my 08 535i early this year and had to service the HPFP already. Didnt really care tho, the dealer gave me a 530i loner care and my care WAS NOT CPO! Took them about a week to order the part and install it. The trick is to get REALLY kool with an advisor at the stealership and things that is not even covered under my warranty get FIXED!

You didn't get a deal... The HPFP is under recall, or extended warranty.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by NYGOLF
The HPFP is under recall, or extended warranty.
yup, 120K miles/10 years...

Quick Reply: 535i owners please help - looking into a 2008 535i CPO purchase