E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535i

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by bmwfan05' post='556802' date='Apr 5 2008, 11:03 PM
I know what you mean man. This is my 3rd '08 5 series and this 535 has been giving me major electronic issues. After turning my engine off, my car whines. Another employee told me thats it some kind of intake valve or something.

I think that noise is probably normal..most of the E60's make several distnict noises after shut down and again when the go into sleep mode and when the wake up from sleep mode. Engine ticking however, could be something to have checked out.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='556786' date='Apr 5 2008, 09:56 PM
the engine has always ticked really loud(dealer says its normal i dont think so)then i always get an sos message saying its not working(dealer cant find it) now sometimes when i start the car it takes along time to start and i get a message saying reduce power and speed to 55 becuase engine malfunction.if i turn the car off and back on again the problem goes away for couple of drives but i didnt think when i bought a bmw i was going to have a thats in the shop more then a ford. ant info on this? sorry just venting

vandal, I'm wondering about your engine taking a long time to start...mine has been doing this more often lately. IIRC there was an earlier issue with the high pressure fuel pump that BMW thought they had corrected but has been returning in some of the new models. I'm going to have mine checked when it's in for the anit-trap malfunction.

good luck!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='556880' date='Apr 6 2008, 06:19 AM
+1 Our 535 has almost 10,000mls on it, no noise, no problems except nail in Rt. rear twice, replaced no charge under wheel & tire plan.

MP - I feel your pain...always seems to be the right rear tire! I've had mine punctured as well - however our state (CA) will not allow dealers to sell the wheel warranty for some reason so I'm onthe hook for the repairs!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='557048' date='Apr 6 2008, 12:31 PM
my wife is taking the car into the dealer on monday,if they dont seem like the ticking is a big deal or any other issue i will look into the bmw na service. also my c/a is messed up also. they key always says low bat,one key will not unlock or lock with my hand at all,wont start(key has to be in the ignition) ill let you guys know whats happens with the dealer tomorrow. thanks
What dealer do you go to?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='557527' date='Apr 7 2008, 03:07 PM
What dealer do you go to?
brecht bmw in escondido. ive heard that the service department is under investigation for telling people the need stuff that they dont(dont know if thats true or not). so far im not happy with this dealership at all. very rude they did tell me i needed new tires when the tire shop said i dont need them yet and tell me my car sounds fine when it does not. i just hope they can fix this stuff, i just got out of a lemon (brand new at the time) 05 dodge magnum rt and the car was in the shop more the i had it. i thought when i bought a bmw this would not happen but i guess not.
anyways dropped the car off at the dealer today and havent heard from them yet.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='556786' date='Apr 6 2008, 12:56 AM
the engine has always ticked really loud(dealer says its normal i dont think so)then i always get an sos message saying its not working(dealer cant find it) now sometimes when i start the car it takes along time to start and i get a message saying reduce power and speed to 55 becuase engine malfunction.if i turn the car off and back on again the problem goes away for couple of drives but i didnt think when i bought a bmw i was going to have a thats in the shop more then a ford. ant info on this? sorry just venting
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='557814' date='Apr 8 2008, 01:06 AM
brecht bmw in escondido. ive heard that the service department is under investigation for telling people the need stuff that they dont(dont know if thats true or not). so far im not happy with this dealership at all. very rude they did tell me i needed new tires when the tire shop said i dont need them yet and tell me my car sounds fine when it does not. i just hope they can fix this stuff, i just got out of a lemon (brand new at the time) 05 dodge magnum rt and the car was in the shop more the i had it. i thought when i bought a bmw this would not happen but i guess not.
anyways dropped the car off at the dealer today and havent heard from them yet.
'V' keep the pressure up, none, I repeat NONE of the issues you are having is normal so don't let them tell you any BS.

As for BMW NA Customer Relations, you know, at some point you guys a going to have do more than just "pass this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon"
How about if you all started a policy (or suggest it to your boss) of PMing persons that are having these kind of issues with brand new cars, get pertinent info. that can't be had in an open forum, call up the service department in question, get the service manager involved and try to expedite a resolution, then post you success here so we can applaud your efforts. This site have almost 20,000 members and countless lurkers, many of whom are prospective buyers who come here to read & do background before forking over thousands of hard earned dollars, I don't think threads like these inspire confidence.
I'm not blaming you, I just expect more from you than message passer.

Sorry for the rant on your thread 'V' I just can't stand the same pat answer that gets posted when people have serious problems.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='558146' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:18 PM
'V' keep the pressure up, none, I repeat NONE of the issues you are having is normal so don't let them tell you any BS.

As for BMW NA Customer Relations, you know, at some point you guys a going to have do more than just "pass this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon"
How about if you all started a policy (or suggest it to your boss) of PMing persons that are having these kind of issues with brand new cars, get pertinent info. that can't be had in an open forum, call up the service department in question, get the service manager involved and try to expedite a resolution, then post you success here so we can applaud your efforts. This site have almost 20,000 members and countless lurkers, many of whom are prospective buyers who come here to read & do background before forking over thousands of hard earned dollars, I don't think threads like these inspire confidence.
I'm not blaming you, I just expect more from you than message passer.

Sorry for the rant on your thread 'V' I just can't stand the same pat answer that gets posted when people have serious problems.

Great input Phill , it's all positive and intended to get the best result for both the customer and BMW....
Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

To add to the chorus, I have a 535 with 12,000 kms on it and have none of the problems noted in the opening post.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Members

k,the dealer told me that the engine malfunction warning is coming on due to a faulty fuel pump.(only time will tell) they also said that rear brake sensor was bad and thats why my brakes were making noise.they had to order some parts for the keys and the comfort access. but when i brought up the ticking the engine makes he just played it off like im hearing things and then he told me that HIS 335i makes the same noise, and its normal for both of these cars to tick because they are the only one with this engine. i told him after i pick the car up im going to test drive a brand new 535 to see if it is. i find it hard to belive that bmw makes one car that sounds like this and all the rest sound fine!

Quick Reply: 535i