E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d UPGrade??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='221397' date='Jan 9 2006, 01:10 PM
Grandomany is based on empty speculations? That's a new one!
Think harder dude, those 2 are not sinonims or so related. Yes in particular cases speculating in a stubburn way or in a way to show off leads to grandomany. Just speculating things doesn't make a person grandoman. Showing off proprety, level of inteligence, wealth or any other things and poking people in the eye IS after all grandomany.

Let me clarifi 2 things:
1. I speculated on the power of that porsche...not knowing it's output. But after all u were the only one to say it's exact output. Good for u. What else could we, other mortals, do? Start a search frenzy on the owner/specs of that porsche?

2. On the E420 CDI i said and sustain my point of view that it doesn't handle as good as a bmw. After all i never drove that particular model, and u can say i'm speculating...but in a way i'm not. I saw alot of numbers from ALOT of magazines, tv shows, when E class was often compared to 5 series. At all categories the E class lost all kind of tests: like skid pad, slalom time....and so on. All that's related to handling. Even the test of the kings with the E55 AMG and E60 M5 the E lost at handling. If u keep to sustain those things it's ur opinion. So in conclusion i can say that i really didn't speculate on the e420 cdi's handling considering all the tests i've seen. Or don't tell me the e420 cdi is now the mother of all previous E models including amg.

With this i conclude my replays to you ont his post and on the other. Stick to your point of view and i'll stick to mine. I don't want no more to consume myself in this stupid argument cuz it doesn't worth to.

good stuff! and again, i calculater the output of the porsche, not knowing the exact specs. But you already know that

BTW you should come south of the border so i can show you the 420cdi...

BetterMakeWay what did you say about the skid pad test ??? bmw performs better

reference: car and driver
Attached Thumbnails 535d  UPGrade??-skid.jpg  
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fontes79' post='219587' date='Jan 5 2006, 01:00 PM
Hi, inmediate!
That ?s also something i aleready think about. will see it, in the future. May you show me some pics of your Touring? here, or by mail...
Hi, Fontes

I have sent to you the figures by email, since I am new to this Forum and I do not know how to paste my files..

Please feel free to post them if you wish so

Kind regards from Spain

Hi again

Now I have learnt how to post my attached files..

Here you are...the figures (pdf file)

Kind regards

Inmediate
Attached Files