E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d Order Options Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007 | 01:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='441791' date='Jun 30 2007, 02:37 PM
Get the car that you want and with the extras you really desire!
Otherwise it will eat you all the time.

What's a couple of months compared to years.
Indeed, I'm not worried about the wait, I was never in a rush for the car. Starting looking in Feb, was ready to buy in May, but decided to wait for new registration in September before taking delivery. The issue really is getting my dealer to agree that they were at fault for telling me one thing and doing something else. ie. Telling me it would not go off for build until July but sent it at the very beginning of June.

Initial indication from the dealer is that a replacement car would arrive around the end of September. Im happy to wait 4 - 5 weeks no problem, like you say this is going to eat me up otherwise.
Old 07-02-2007 | 01:55 AM
Members

Would you care to say who the dealer is?
Old 07-03-2007 | 11:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 535dBoy' post='442451' date='Jul 2 2007, 10:55 AM
Would you care to say who the dealer is?
Ummm.. I posted the thread initially to get feedback on my position rather than trying to highlight any issue with the dealer. If I'm honest (and I'd like to think that I am ) I think the dealer has acted very professionally. They've accepted my explanation of the sequence of events and also taken the time to explain the scenario from their perspective. Clearly there was a mis-understanding which has most likely been exagerated by the sales representative moving on. I think this event coupled with the delivery date for September has triggerred the early ordering of my car despite my requests.

Anyway, the manager did get back to me on Monday and they have agreed to take the car they have ordered for me originally into stock and order me a new car. Estimated delivery for the new car is now end of September. As others have mentioned, much better to wait 4-5 weeks for what I wanted, especially as I'll probably have the car for 4 -5 years.

So I don't really want to name the dealer in case people assume this is a name and shame excersize, whereas as it happens it's a great example of good customer service.

Barry
Old 07-03-2007 | 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by bardel' post='442096' date='Jul 1 2007, 12:45 PM
Indeed, I'm not worried about the wait, ...
So now you really must wait for the BMW MY 08.

Right hand drive cars out in October?
Old 07-03-2007 | 12:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by bardel' post='443079' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:52 PM
Ummm.. I posted the thread initially to get feedback on my position rather than trying to highlight any issue with the dealer. If I'm honest (and I'd like to think that I am ) I think the dealer has acted very professionally. They've accepted my explanation of the sequence of events and also taken the time to explain the scenario from their perspective. Clearly there was a mis-understanding which has most likely been exagerated by the sales representative moving on. I think this event coupled with the delivery date for September has triggerred the early ordering of my car despite my requests.

Anyway, the manager did get back to me on Monday and they have agreed to take the car they have ordered for me originally into stock and order me a new car. Estimated delivery for the new car is now end of September. As others have mentioned, much better to wait 4-5 weeks for what I wanted, especially as I'll probably have the car for 4 -5 years.

So I don't really want to name the dealer in case people assume this is a name and shame excersize, whereas as it happens it's a great example of good customer service.

Barry
Glad you managed to get it sorted. I think you can mention the dealer if they've given you good service. From what you've said, I think they have been very resonable.
Old 07-03-2007 | 12:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='443083' date='Jul 3 2007, 09:09 PM
So now you really must wait for the BMW MY 08.

Right hand drive cars out in October?
MY08?? Im confused with all this naming for bmw's. I saw other posts about 2008 versions on this board too. So can someone please clear up, what is an MY08? I know about the LCI upgrade /facelift here in the uk introduced around April 07 and therefore I'm getting an LCI version. What is the 2008 or MY08 that people are refering too?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2007 | 08:05 AM
Members

Final spec is now:

535d LCI, Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Black Trim High Gloss, High Gloss Shadow Line, Anthracite Headlining.

Sports Auto Transmission
Visibility Package (Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlights, Headlamp Washer)
Media Package (Nav Professional, BMW Assist, Voice Control, Bluetooth, 6 CD Changer)
Extended Interior Light Package
19" 172 Wheels (with Space Saver Spare)
Comfort Seats Electric
Active Seat Backrest Adjustment
ISOFIX Child Seat System
Active Cruise Control - Stop & Go Function
Heads Up Display
Hi Fi Logic 7
USB / Ipod Interface
Auto Dim Int / Ext Folding Mirrors
Through Load System
High Beam Assistant
M Rear Spoiler
No Model Inscription
Old 07-31-2007 | 10:41 AM
Members

Excellent choice - my order is below and I collect it on Saturday, I ordered it on June 16th and the dealer confirmed it would have the Sports Auto Transmission. I am also considering a DMS upgrade just to finish it off. currently haggling with insurance quotes.

good luck

535d, Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Black Trim High Gloss, High Gloss Shadow Line, Anthracite Headlining.

Sports Auto Transmission
Media Package (Nav Professional, BMW Assist, Voice Control, Bluetooth, 6 CD Changer)
USB / Ipod Interface
M Rear Spoiler
No Model Inscription
Old 07-31-2007 | 11:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by powermg' post='453700' date='Jul 31 2007, 07:41 PM
Excellent choice - my order is below and I collect it on Saturday, I ordered it on June 16th and the dealer confirmed it would have the Sports Auto Transmission. I am also considering a DMS upgrade just to finish it off. currently haggling with insurance quotes.

good luck
535d, Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Black Trim High Gloss, High Gloss Shadow Line, Anthracite Headlining.

Sports Auto Transmission
USB / Ipod Interface
M Rear Spoiler
No Model Inscription
Thanks powermg, looks like we'll have two near identical cars then!

Can't believe I ordered mine 2 weeks before you and I don't get it for another 8 weeks yet! Still, most of that was my choice (delayed for new reg), but the story above has added another month to my order
Old 08-01-2007 | 07:25 AM
Contributors

Are you both getting the SE, or the M-Sport version? I'm just in the process of ordering a 535D M-Sport Saloon. I have not gone for the sports auto though, I am happy for the standard auto to do the gear shifting for me and would just never use the manual mode

Quick Reply: 535d Order Options Dilema