E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

535d just arrived

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Arrived a bit early, and I must say its every bit as amazing as I expected. Here's my initial two peneth worth for anyone who might be interested:

The pulling power is just jaw dropping, and that's before its been run in, and the handling is quite something for a big car. I just can't resist putting my foot down from the lights, it just puts a big grin all over my face Love the nav, hud and the overall finish of the car is much better than I expected having read these forums for quite some time now.

iDrive is not that bad - took me an hour or so to get used to it. I'm sure I will keep discovering new and better ways of doing things, but I can do pretty much everything I want to do for now. Voice control is really great - it does work and it does recognise my voice. I seem to have had no problems pairing my Razr and just getting on with it - I am looking for an antenna adapter that will enable me to plug it in to the shark fin (I found one in the US, but they wouldn't ship it to me - talk about stupid sales policy - turn away good business why don't you!)

Useful tips I picked up from this forum - indicators (and how to use them - duh!), engine start (no need to keep the key turned).

I'm really pleased I got Goodyear RFTs, which I are much less noisy than the Dunlops I test drove. I also really like the 18"s (more so than the design of the 19s) - however I do agree with ISUK that the 18s are a tad small and wee bit thin at the back. I saw some 20s on the new 750 (which they were launching at the dealership as I picked up my car) - they are HUGE, almost comical!

Yet to try out the ACC, but the comfort seats are excellent - probably the best car seats I've ever sat in.

I was worried that the perforations in the Nasca Leather would be a dirt trap, but it seems that the holes are actually very small and as a result not nearly as bad as I though - however only time will tell, but I am very pleased with the dark wood on black Nasca combination.

I don't seem to be able to get any street names on perspective view (as mentioned elsewhere in this forum), and its a shame that you can't have directional view and perspective view on at the same time in the two splits - they both seem to want to display the same thing.

I love the overall look of the car, the sports kit really does it for me. I was worried that the sun protection glass might look a bit 'wide', but with the Carbon Black it just looks like its a dark car.

Only one minor niggle - can still hear that diesel clatter at about 1500 rpm and on a cold start from the outside. I hope this gets better over time.

Got the car home just after dusk, so couldn't really take any pics, but will do as soon as I can...

I'm getting Paul Dalton to detail with Vintage Zymol soon, so I will try and do some before and afters if I can squeeze in some work and kids in between driving my new car

This forum is great, learnt so much that was completely invaluable in making this decision - have no regrets at all (apart from not getting ShadowLine).

Thanks all!

PS Merv we should swap notes!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Congratulations on a great car. You are right about the split screen maps, but you can have a map in one windo and arrow display in the other. There are your street names and distances.

You found an antenna adapter for the E60 and V3RAZR???? Please post where??
Old 04-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 21 2005, 06:35 PM
Congratulations on a great car.? You are right about the split screen maps,? but you can have a map in one windo and arrow display in the other.? There are your street names and distances.

You found an antenna adapter for the E60 and V3RAZR????? ? Please post where??
[snapback]118313[/snapback]
I don't know if it will fit the E60 antenna cable, I haven't looked yet, but I figured it was only a matter of getting the right socket/plug once you had the cable from the Razr. Anyway, here it is:

www.altwireless.com, part number:AA352015, Motorola Razr V3 Ext Antenna Adapter.

Since I actually have an E60 now, when I get a chance I will dig to see what cable end they actually provide from the sharkfin, I can't imagine this is a big job, I am surprised that noone has done this already - perhaps there aren't that many people with Razrs?

It's only $14.95 anyway, so you might just want to give it a shot - let me know how you get on.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Congrats on the car and very interesting to hear your initial thoughts. Look forawrd to seeing some pics.

You're making me very envious. Had a call from my dealer to say my new baby should be here in the next 7 - 10 days.

Oh well more sleeping pills required!!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

What Goodyear did you get?
Old 04-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

New535,

Congrats on the new car - can't wait to see the pics inside and out.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Congratulations, New535!
Very interesting info about RAZR craddle. Please investigate further and beleive me this phone is not a rare one with BMW owners.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Members

Some quick pics

Another note - the juice in the Razr REALLY runs out quick when ur in the car.

535d just arrived-interior_copy.jpg

535d just arrived-exterior1_copy.jpg

535d just arrived-exterior2_copy.jpg

535d just arrived-exterior3_copy.jpg
Old 04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by New535' date='Apr 22 2005, 12:28 AM
Arrived a bit early, and I must say its every bit as amazing as I expected.
[snapback]118311[/snapback]

congratulations with you new car.

I see you have the active cruise control ...very nice
Old 04-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

beautiful car congrats

Quick Reply: 535d just arrived