E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535 d and DMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering an upgrade for my 535d. I've heard and read a lot about DMS and every report is brilliant. So I'm convinced, that I will do it with them.

Nevertheless, I'm very interested in more and up-to-date reports about experiences with upgrades from DMS.

I know, that I can use the search-function (I already did it). But I'm looking for current information.

I'm very grateful for any information!

Diagnosic
Old 05-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Haven't seen any members on here who were disappointed with the results and there have also been a number of posts about DMS' excellent customer service. Can't see any reason for you not to do it - get it done and let us know how you get on
Old 05-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

What do you want to know??

The main thing you will notice is just how much more responsive the car is, let me try and explain.
In stock mode when you have the car sitting in third at 3000rpm, it is like the sweet spot, as soon as you touch the throttle you have all the power you need on tap, and in a matter of seconds you are at 90mph, well when you have it DMS'd it is like that all the time, whther you are at 1800rpm or whatever, and if you are sitting in third at 3000rpm and you jab the throttle you suddenly find yourself at 100mph+ in less time than it took to get to 90mph whith the car stock!!

The whole thing just feels so much more responsive, more so in S mode, but then you don't really want it to be over responive in D mode I guess? It also makes the car feel lighter and more nimble for some reason, probably because the power is there whenever you need it, so coming out of a corner is a lot more rapid!!

Are you a member of bmwland.co.uk? If not join and send Mike Cooper a PM, he will do the remap with a 25% discount. The car is nice stock, but after the remap it is insane for a diesel.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Diagnosic' post='278454' date='May 5 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm considering an upgrade for my 535d. I've heard and read a lot about DMS and every report is brilliant. So I'm convinced, that I will do it with them.

Nevertheless, I'm very interested in more and up-to-date reports about experiences with upgrades from DMS.

I know, that I can use the search-function (I already did it). But I'm looking for current information.

I'm very grateful for any information!

Diagnosic

I think i will get it done soon then.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

It's the only thing to do.

Latest opinions on the DMS re-map in a 535D are exactly the same as the day it was installed. The performance is awesome & bonkers for a diesel. So much so that although i'm jumping from my 535 M-Sport to an M5 next week, i'll be getting DMS to breathe on my new car as well.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='278474' date='May 5 2006, 05:44 PM
What do you want to know??

The main thing you will notice is just how much more responsive the car is, let me try and explain.
In stock mode when you have the car sitting in third at 3000rpm, it is like the sweet spot, as soon as you touch the throttle you have all the power you need on tap, and in a matter of seconds you are at 90mph, well when you have it DMS'd it is like that all the time, whther you are at 1800rpm or whatever, and if you are sitting in third at 3000rpm and you jab the throttle you suddenly find yourself at 100mph+ in less time than it took to get to 90mph whith the car stock!!

The whole thing just feels so much more responsive, more so in S mode, but then you don't really want it to be over responive in D mode I guess? It also makes the car feel lighter and more nimble for some reason, probably because the power is there whenever you need it, so coming out of a corner is a lot more rapid!!

Are you a member of bmwland.co.uk? If not join and send Mike Cooper a PM, he will do the remap with a 25% discount. The car is nice stock, but after the remap it is insane for a diesel.

Can you explain how to get the 25% discount.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by mountainboy' post='278742' date='May 6 2006, 10:26 AM
Can you explain how to get the 25% discount.
Register over on http://www.bmwland.co.uk & they have an automatic discount of 25% (you taking your car to them) or 10% discount (they come to you).

Saying that if you just say you've heard of DMS via this forum or BMWLand you will get the discount.

Most of all enjoy the re-map.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

The discount applies to E60.net members too. It was arranged by Clived, before BMWland I think.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

too bad wetterauer doesn't offer any discounts...
Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Members

I would like to say thank you for every report you made! It was very helpful for me. I will have the upgrade done by DMS and afterwards, I will report to the forum!

Wish you a very happy weekend!

Diagnosic

Quick Reply: 535 d and DMS