E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530 NEEDS MORE HORSES

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i SPORT PKG, HUD,IPOD INTRF, BLUETHOOTH NO MOODS

Originally Posted by Falterkammer' post='421986' date='May 7 2007, 03:28 PM
If one is going to spend that kind of money to upgrade a 530i, then why not just buy the 535 or 550 in the first place?
Well im not sure what the verdict is here, DINNAN530 says i could get 40 hp for about $3.000.00 or so in mods, if this is true it is worth it, in my case i got $22k to go to pay off my 530 with only about 20k miles on it i think i will keep it for a while,.but then again would be nice to have a 535 or a 550 if money was not an issue
Old 05-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530dA 3/2004

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='421910' date='May 7 2007, 12:14 PM
I have a 07 530i with intake, exhaust and an EVOTECH remap/flash which I assume is not far different from DINAN and I am going to the dyno on wednesday so I can tell you just how much gain with an N52-I am sure the 04 would not see more than this so should be comparable-anyway I have no baseline but you can take the numbers for what they are worth-if there is a 20whp I would be surprised. My baseline on the auto I am thinking is around 205whp stock for the N52 258hp engine. So I will go from there. With the 04 I believe stock was 225? Geez and I think the 258hp is sluggish-guess it is all relative. I should not have driven my friends C6 because since then my things feels like a mule
Your dyno is value of zero!
It seems to be very hard to understand the principle of the dyno driving. All the dynos in the world are unique, and their results vary depending climate conditions. Ok, there are correction values, but still all runs shold be done very close each other. So feel free to dyno your car, but don't waste time to post the "great" results here. At least to me , You only look stupid, sorry to write that...

Free "cold" air intake filter: this is one total humbug (as they say in Germany). It has nothing to do with modern cars. Here in Finland, a several BMW car owners took their cars to dyno and did double runs in serie. One with "free/cold-air-filter" and one without: results have been allways very sad for marketing people: those special filters have allways reduce, or kept horsepower exact same level that without it. BMW air intake as from factory is SO WELL designed that any aftermarket cannot compare never!

Remapping DMW: same thing: modern ECU:s are so clever (self adjusting) that it is impossible to make it work better. Sometimes owners yell how much better the car feels (so called ass dyno) after chipping. Those only make the engine react faster with accelator pedal or something similar, but that is only a feel. Still the horsepower & torgue hasn't change at all. And don't mention here turbo cars!!. It is totally different in those.
Fell free to waste Your money, but be aware that there a many people around who knows the thruth...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

I agree-well to a point. I would not say as extremely as you did that intake and remap do NOTHING. Researching and reading to learn about the guys of my cars and bmws similar-I will tell you a few things. It is perfectly possible that performance can be increased without hp being effected that much. Thing of a new diff-throwing on a shorter gear ratio can completely change acceleration but do nothing to HP, yet it is pretty beneficial depending on the car.

Atleast what I have noticed is throttleresponse is much better. Before you would mash the pedal and it would take a heck of a lot longer for there to be some corresponding action. More middle range power-maybe a redistribution rather than gain but the middle power band is better nodoubt and I think that middle band, if nice and long is probably the most important thing to have for a car like this with this purpose.

I have seen on other boards peoples inde dynos get 6-7whp from airintakes?

I have no doubt the "chip" will yield some hp-how much I dont know.

My guess is there will be 10-15whp.

I would think any dyno at 215 or above would cleary show at minimum a 10hp gian in mods since I have seen too many dyno sheets where the 530i 258 crank hp gets 200-204. So a dyno run of 215whp for example is no way possible that the mods did nothing since stock is just not going to do that. I think anything above 210 will show the mods did "something" proabably 8-10hp. I think 220 or more whp would be a success putting all these mods that are under 2k in the 20hp gain. We will see. I do not agree that it is stupid on my part. I mean you can take the results for what your worth. I am using dynocomp here in the USA that has a very good dyno that MEASURES hp and does not estimate itlike 90 percent of others. Also the results I am comparing to have been with dynocomp. Primarly 330is-I have seen tons dynoed there from their site and in other e90 posts and that car puts down 200whp consistently on their dyno in automatic mode. So I am being as consistent as I can having not had a stock before number.

I dont care-it will be for peoples benefits-if you think I will look stupid than I wont post it-could care less if you do not wanna read it. I would do it again for no hpgains because the sound of my car makes it so fun to drive. When you are going 80mhp on the freeway and you see some wide open road and drop to 3rd and go WOT-and you shoot past the remaining cars-its worth the look everyone gives lunging out their cars to see what just flew by and you are off doing 110 before you know it.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by KCooke82' post='421917' date='May 7 2007, 01:24 PM
VF engineering is a company that makes superchargers. They have one in development for the E60, but apparently DINAN530i seems to have one, as indicated by his signature.

Regardless, it's going to run $10k+ installed.

Actually his sig says he is a beta tester.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i SPORT PKG, HUD,IPOD INTRF, BLUETHOOTH NO MOODS

DINAN530........ what's your input ..it seems you have your 530 with all the mods can you tell us more thanks