E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

525d Msport Dies , but with warnings !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='524162' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:35 AM
The CCC is not draining the battery but is causing the other control units in the car to get confused. The car kind of relies on all things doing their bit or not at all. In your car it seems to be that the CCC is miscommunicating with the cars main computer which is throwing everything else off balance. What is very scary is that a CD player can cause performance / driving issues.

The worse thing about all this is the fact I am driving a car which was bought for ?37k less than three years ago, and I am constantly waiting for it to break down. My mrs is driving a 1997 citroen ZX which she bought off my ex wife and between them have drove it for five years with one bloody wheel bearing being the only problem - kinda makes you wonder if all the techy stuff is worth it eh
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

i know how you feel. My other car is a honda civic has been in the family for 7 years and has only seen the garage for an oil change. Thats the only reason we never sold it because there was simply nothing wrong with it.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

I'm pretty sure the In Console DVD (sat nav) in my e60 continues to read long after i've parked up, I say this because i noticed whilst parked up with the key in hand so unless the sat nav is activated by unlocking the car ................. hmmmm does it continue to broadcast it's position I wonder ?

I hope your all fixed up now, other than your power issues how have you found the 525d msport over the past few years ?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='524631' date='Jan 30 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the In Console DVD (sat nav) in my e60 continues to read long after i've parked up, I say this because i noticed whilst parked up with the key in hand so unless the sat nav is activated by unlocking the car ................. hmmmm does it continue to broadcast it's position I wonder ?

I hope your all fixed up now, other than your power issues how have you found the 525d msport over the past few years ?

Just had a call from Eastern in Edinburgh - they changed the unit this morning and have had it on test (how I wonder) for three hours and no spikes or errors thrown up so heres hoping !!

Had the 525 for about 6 months now - been absolutely superb apart from this problem which has been a pain in the ass ! Before this I have had two different 330 ci's , one standard and one individual - both of which were amazing cars and never let me down - only got rid of the first one due to the mot requiring 2000 worth of work - traded it in for an Evo8 of all things - have to say the Evo was and still is the most exciting drive I have ever had , totally amazing , and when I borrowed a pals M3 a few weeks ago the M3 felt like a pensioners outing compared to the evo - for all round though the 525 is supreme and I wouldnt swap, even though my pal is now taunting me with a clean Evo 9 340bhp he has on his car lot !!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nemesisfife' post='524684' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:26 PM
Just had a call from Eastern in Edinburgh - they changed the unit this morning and have had it on test (how I wonder) for three hours and no spikes or errors thrown up so heres hoping !!

Had the 525 for about 6 months now - been absolutely superb apart from this problem which has been a pain in the ass ! Before this I have had two different 330 ci's , one standard and one individual - both of which were amazing cars and never let me down - only got rid of the first one due to the mot requiring 2000 worth of work - traded it in for an Evo8 of all things - have to say the Evo was and still is the most exciting drive I have ever had , totally amazing , and when I borrowed a pals M3 a few weeks ago the M3 felt like a pensioners outing compared to the evo - for all round though the 525 is supreme and I wouldnt swap, even though my pal is now taunting me with a clean Evo 9 340bhp he has on his car lot !!!!!!!

Great news got the car back last night and they had updated the software to 28.2 which apprently is only days old and the car is running like brand new - everything seems smoother and mpg has even increased by a coupl of miles per gallon - was stuck in traffic for three hours this morning so was waiting for the dreaded breakdown but nothing , just a lovely purring motor and no issues - not sure if Derek from Eastern looks on here but if he does many thinks for getting to the cause at last and restoring my faith in what should be a great car !! Amazing that something as innocent as a cd/dvd unit could cause all this !
Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Nice to hear that! Hope everything goes fine... Enjoy.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nemesisfife' post='524164' date='Jan 29 2008, 07:02 AM
The worse thing about all this is the fact I am driving a car which was bought for ?37k less than three years ago, and I am constantly waiting for it to break down. My mrs is driving a 1997 citroen ZX which she bought off my ex wife and between them have drove it for five years with one bloody wheel bearing being the only problem - kinda makes you wonder if all the techy stuff is worth it eh
Its nice when wives and ex wives get on eh?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nickoneone' post='525372' date='Jan 31 2008, 05:17 PM
Its nice when wives and ex wives get on eh?

Weird though when your ex wife appears at the door and you ask what she is doing there and she is going to the pictures with the present mrs lol
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 E61 M5, 1989 Z1

Originally Posted by nemesisfife' post='525749' date='Feb 1 2008, 08:25 AM
Weird though when your ex wife appears at the door and you ask what she is doing there and she is going to the pictures with the present mrs lol
Scary - I would worry about them forming an ex-wives club!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by phelix' post='525815' date='Feb 1 2008, 02:07 PM
Scary - I would worry about them forming an ex-wives club!

Great stuff - thought the problem was fixed but 880 miles later here we go again - Mrs got in the car outside the house on saturday, started the car, went to drive off and theTransmission Gear Failure message came up - called BMW at Eastern in Edinburgh and they were shut. I then called Mondial Assistance and they arranged someone to come out to it. When the guy arrived he couldnt have been nicer, but he wasnt a bmw engineer. When he got in the car he started it , drove it for a bit , no errors. I then showed him the dvd I had taken of the error (hehehe got them now) and he conceded there was a fault. We then took the car to Phoenix at Kirkcaldy as I have lost a bit of faith in Eastern. At least now I have a free replacemnt car till they sort mine out - Ill post again tomorrow with the video still shots but t ill then can anyone else advise ? When she tried to drive off the car even though it was revving like mad it just crept forward with no power !

Quick Reply: 525d Msport Dies , but with warnings !!!