E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

523I - 2007 warning engine coolant level too low

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:44 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523i
Exclamation 523I - 2007 warning engine coolant level too low

Hi,
The day before yesterday i got the warning engine coolant level too low i open the plastic tank while the engine is running but i found the water is boiling and steams and water comes out i keep it semi opened till a lot of steam comes out to be able to open it then i opened it and try to top up the water with the engine running but because of the boiling water it all comes out again so i switch off the engine & leave the car for the next day morning and i topped it up while the engine is cold and the warning disappear yesterday night the warring appear again so i switch off the car and leave it up to today morning and i topped it u but i notice that it take only a little quantity of water also the warring disappear but after driving for 10 minutes the warning come again.

Any help about what is that mean and how i can solve it?
Old 11-16-2015, 12:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 523i
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by bisooo
Hi,
The day before yesterday i got the warning engine coolant level too low i open the plastic tank while the engine is running but i found the water is boiling and steams and water comes out i keep it semi opened till a lot of steam comes out to be able to open it then i opened it and try to top up the water with the engine running but because of the boiling water it all comes out again so i switch off the engine & leave the car for the next day morning and i topped it up while the engine is cold and the warning disappear yesterday night the warring appear again so i switch off the car and leave it up to today morning and i topped it u but i notice that it take only a little quantity of water also the warring disappear but after driving for 10 minutes the warning come again.

Good luck

Any help about what is that mean and how i can solve it?
Hi I also have a 523i but 06 had the same problem. My advice never open the tank whilst engine is hot, nearly burnt myself. It could be a couple of things; upper radiator hose, thermostat, water pump had them all replaced and the car is absolutely fine now.