E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

520D auto/manual se/m-sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by haf63' post='673087' date='Sep 19 2008, 02:13 PM
well it look like i just need to decide on a colour now.. the uk choice seems to be
carbon black
deep sea blue
le mans blue
platinum grey
space grey

not a great choice to be honest but i will go and take a look at the local dealer and see what appeals

also good to hear that the new idrive will definatly be on the 5series now
My view on colours:
carbon black -- the best, looks great in all light conditions
deep sea blue -- I find light blue takes some of the E60's elegance away from it, but its different
le mans blue -- see above
platinum grey -- more executive looking and is a great fit for the E60, but can look dull under low/poor light conditions
space grey -- I just find in comparison it looks bland in most light conditions. I clean my car all the time, so the "easy to clean" arguement does not hold with me!

One important thing to note though: all E60 m-sports look good!!! You can't go wrong, its just about personal preferance. So go with your gut feeling, which from experience is normally the first colour you chose, before re-thinking it a million times

The options part of ordering is relatively easy, the colour part is what always drives me crazy --- good luck!!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d M Sport. It has Heads Up Display...need I say more...

Carbon Black...but then I am biased, although it is a nightmare to keep clean...lol.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Members

i had a quick look around the car park at work and spotted some of the colours

black - agreed its the best when clean and shiney but i do loads of miles and my car is quite dirty a lot of the time plus i have had a black car before and struggle dto keep it in teh conditions to best show it off

le mans blue (i'm guessing this is the very dark blue) : looks quite nice but is a pretty dark shade

space grey - looks like silver to me and very light

platinum grey - best looking in my eyes but 'dark grey' seems quite common in the car parks..

I need to see the sea blue as well but initial thoughts are platinum grey
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

LeMans blue is very light strong blue

Deep Sea blue is typically deeper and darker in colour compared to LeMans blue, but under strong light also becomes pretty light

I personally think LeMans blue suites smaller cars / coupes, and not so much executive cars. However, it just my opinion!

I went for Carbon Black because I like the very dark navy blue tones under direct sun light and the metalic black look under poor sunlight. If you haven't seen Carbon Black in person, check it out, its not actually black!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Members

Nice choice Haf - you won't be disappointed.

My favourite colours are the simpler ones - Silver and Space grey - though the Neptune Blue also looks nice (dunno if you cn get a sport in neptune). It' always easier to keep them looking fresh and chips and swirls don't show too much...

If you want rarity, try the Indianapolis red...very rare on a Sport...As it's a company car you don't need to wory about swirls etc - but White looks stunning too...
Old 09-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Contributors

Unfortunately you can't get Indionapolis Red on the E60 M-Sport, only the M5. They only offer the non-metalic Imola Red with the E60 M-Sport and that in my opinion is just too much of a flat colour and does not complement the E60's lines well at all.

White is obviously great, but very bad for someone doing lots of driving -- you will see every single bug on the front bumper and bonnet. Shame really, because otherwise its no more difficult to keep clean than black, or so I've heard.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

IMO the Titanium Silver looks best, but I do not know if that color is available in the UK.
My brother has a Carbon Black e61, but imo a light color accents the M-package. Also, on the Carbon Black you will see all scratches, even the ones from washing the car!!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

If you are not into looking after your car, then black is not the color for you. Black cars require more care than sliver, grey, and the like.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Contributors

True, its best to admire Carbon Black from a little distance to avoid any upset at the state of your paint! (I do 1000km per week, so I gave up a long time ago trying to keep it in top shape!)
Old 09-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Members

having done some more reading and looking around I reckon its down to platinum grey or le mans blue and i will take a closer look at these this weekend..

Quick Reply: 520D auto/manual se/m-sport