E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The 5 series is special

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

Originally Posted by gene1' post='547140' date='Mar 18 2008, 05:41 PM
Yup, sounds right. Add the $15 on top at the a-holes across the street from me. Its not even an indoor garage.
As for tipping, you really have to if you intend to park there again. Its not like Paco has a vested interest or profit sharing in the lot, but he IS the guy driving your car.
Oh well, thats the price of living/working in the city. We can always move to Texas, I hear there's plenty of parking.

(I just cant help myself, its like comedic turrets syndrome)
This was a corner open lot.
I normally give a buck or two but was tapped out of cash and I didn't feel like running to the ATM.
It just irks me when they expect to be tipped. Note to self: don't park there again.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xiT, 1964 MBZ 220SEb Coupe, 1986 MBZ 300E and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee as my cottage car. Previous rides started with a 1947 Studebaker Commander convertible and included numerous Fords, VWs, MBZs, Saabs and, for added measure, a '61 Buick Special Wagon and Pontiac GTO.

... Check-out the "big car list". If the Saab 9-5 (only one inch shorter than the E60/61) is not listed, the list is probably for cars that are "big" in price, i.e. having owners with much deeper pockets!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Jet Black, Natural Brown Leather, Dark Wood Trim, 6 sd MT, Sports Pkg., Comfort Access, Sunshades, Cold Weather Pkg., iPod & USB, Nav, Satellite Radio w/Logic7.
Cool

Originally Posted by gene1' post='547056' date='Mar 18 2008, 02:56 PM
A) You really need to work on your sense of humor.
Why would you not care to admit that you've been to NYC? Most people after coming here talk about it for the rest of their lives.

Man, you have that typical New York attitude that is so well known and admired. And yes they do talk about their visits to NY, it is a very fun place... but the traffic and the people (majority) need some serious help. Perhaps you ought to listen more to what people that visit do say. Work on the congestion and rudeness, then you'll have something to be a lot more proud of. End of discussion!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by TX Buzzard' post='547268' date='Mar 18 2008, 09:48 PM
Man, you have that typical New York attitude that is so well known and admired. And yes they do talk about their visits to NY, it is a very fun place... but the traffic and the people (majority) need some serious help. Perhaps you ought to listen more to what people that visit do say. Work on the congestion and rudeness, then you'll have something to be a lot more proud of. End of discussion!
Right TX Eagle, so here's the deal, I was keeping it really light and whimsical in the hopes that you would take the hint. but you obviously don't get it. The only rudeness here was your initial quip regarding "typical NYC scam" as if you would have even a hint as to what that might be.
You have some childish notion that you've visited twice and you've "got it"
The people are streght forward, no BS. We are friendly, we are polite and we are helpful. However, we have neither time or inclination to hear about your home town, your opinion of the weather or how much you love the roast beef. You are on vacation sightseeing, we are on our way to work. We are trying to get to our office or home to our kids and you are standing in the middle of Fifth Ave, 6 across, blocking the sidewalk looking up at a building. Per hapse this is what you confuse with rudeness.
What I consider rudeness is someone informs me of when "end of discussion" is.... thats a rude, jackass thing to do.
As for congestion, well, thats what happens in NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, Paris, London, Rome, Millan, Tokyo, Hong Kong and every other CITY in the world. Its part of the bargain, if you cant handle it you cant reap the benefits.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by gene1' post='547301' date='Mar 18 2008, 09:52 PM
Right TX Eagle, so here's the deal, I was keeping it really light and whimsical in the hopes that you would take the hint. but you obviously don't get it. The only rudeness here was your initial quip regarding "typical NYC scam" as if you would have even a hint as to what that might be.
You have some childish notion that you've visited twice and you've "got it"
The people are streght forward, no BS. We are friendly, we are polite and we are helpful. However, we have neither time or inclination to hear about your home town, your opinion of the weather or how much you love the roast beef. You are on vacation sightseeing, we are on our way to work. We are trying to get to our office or home to our kids and you are standing in the middle of Fifth Ave, 6 across, blocking the sidewalk looking up at a building. Per hapse this is what you confuse with rudeness.
What I consider rudeness is someone informs me of when "end of discussion" is.... thats a rude, jackass thing to do.
As for congestion, well, thats what happens in NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, Paris, London, Rome, Millan, Tokyo, Hong Kong and every other CITY in the world. Its part of the bargain, if you cant handle it you cant reap the benefits.
Guys, just a word of advice for both sides. Light and whimsical doesn't always come across that way, especially in a 10 pt font...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Jet Black, Natural Brown Leather, Dark Wood Trim, 6 sd MT, Sports Pkg., Comfort Access, Sunshades, Cold Weather Pkg., iPod & USB, Nav, Satellite Radio w/Logic7.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='547303' date='Mar 18 2008, 10:08 PM
Guys, just a word of advice for both sides. Light and whimsical doesn't always come across that way, especially in a 10 pt font...

... you are right. This fool thinks I have only been to NYC twice and I am so stunned by tall buildings to the point I stand in the middle of the street and look up at them. Well wish on, I have traveled the world, been to NYC over 35 times on business and pleasure and don't see the lure! As I understand it, this forum is meant to discuss the E60 not listen to some "home-boy" that hasn't done very much traveling to form an educated opinion brag about how NYC is the greatest place on earth. Hopefully he will have the good sense to take any further remarks private, and not clutter this forum with such typical NYC arrogance that is only laughed at. My advice, he needs to get out more, and not compare the visitors from Hicksville to those of us that have made better choices. I can't even believe I am lowering myself to the point of responding to such ignorance. Pathetic! :thumbsdown:
Old 03-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Okay now, who is going to turn the hose on these two before it gets any uglier??? Besides, I think you are both wrong, California is the place to be!!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='546837' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:27 AM
A Greek and an Italian were sitting in a Starbuck's one day discussing who had the superior culture.
Over triple lattes the Greek guy said, "Well, we have the Parthenon."
Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replied, "We have the Coliseum."
The Greek retorted, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics."
The Italian, nodded agreement, and said, "But we built the Roman Empire."
And so on and so on, until the Greek came up with what he thought would end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he said, "We Greeks invented sex!"
The Italian replied, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."

Frigin hilarious. Good think I don't take these things personal

Second generation Ikarian
Old 03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by TX Buzzard' post='548264' date='Mar 20 2008, 04:43 PM
... you are right. This fool thinks I have only been to NYC twice and I am so stunned by tall buildings to the point I stand in the middle of the street and look up at them. Well wish on, I have traveled the world, been to NYC over 35 times on business and pleasure and don't see the lure! As I understand it, this forum is meant to discuss the E60 not listen to some "home-boy" that hasn't done very much traveling to form an educated opinion brag about how NYC is the greatest place on earth. Hopefully he will have the good sense to take any further remarks private, and not clutter this forum with such typical NYC arrogance that is only laughed at. My advice, he needs to get out more, and not compare the visitors from Hicksville to those of us that have made better choices. I can't even believe I am lowering myself to the point of responding to such ignorance. Pathetic! :thumbsdown:
It must be nice to be able to stereotype people, cities, types, typical attitudes and the like.
It must save you a lot of time on actually thinking.
A person who is well traveled would have enough sense not to throw a city of 20 Million into any particular category.
You have about as much clue to my socio-cultural demographic as you have worldliness. You have only 2 groupings in your universe, homeboy and good old boy. Them and Us.
When you type away pigeonholing everything and everyone you reveal who you are, a hayseed. No German car will ever change that.
PS
I've been all over the world myself and I see the allure of every city and town I've ever visited. Odd that you've been to NYC 35 times and still haven't found the allure of it. Maybe you need another 3 dozen trips to get it.
Have a good night.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Members

Cool

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='548378' date='Mar 20 2008, 08:05 PM
Okay now, who is going to turn the hose on these two before it gets any uglier??? Besides, I think you are both wrong, California is the place to be!!
Anywhere off Rout 1 between Frisco and LA or North of Frisco I could do for a few years.
You guys need to get some seasons. But year round motorcycle weather wouldn't suck at all.
I'll pass on LA LA Land though, I've been there 74 times and cant figure out why I hate it, so I keep going back.

Quick Reply: The 5 series is special