E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

5 is Back from Service Loaner observations

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired: 2007 530i Silver Gray/Gray Leather, premium/sport/logic 7/hd radio/comfort access/park distance control 2010 535i M Sport Alpine White/Black premium/M-Sport,L7,Sat,HD Radio/Paddle Shifters/heated seats/comfort access/navigation/sport gear stick

Well the 5 was only in the shop for a couple of hours. Fantastic service from my dealership and as a loaner I had an 07 328i. For anybody debating between the 5 and the 3 I don't see how you can compare. The 3 is a fun car, great handling, but to me it doesn't hold a candle to the 5. The 5 feels so much more luxurious and just the perfect blend of everything. I think the 3 is a great car but the 5 to me is at different level.I enjoyed driving it for a couple of hours, it reminded me a bit of being in high school again lol, but I couldn't get back to the dealer fast enough to get my car back.

When I was waiting on my car a nice older lady said "oh waiting on your 3 series", I responded no I have a 5. She said you are way to young for a 5. I responded I am 35 and I wish I would have bought it 5 years ago. She said, I am 55 and thought most people were my age. I just smiled and said it is a great car for all age groups to enjoy.

Back to more happy motoring.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by britus05' post='422089' date='May 8 2007, 04:15 AM
Well the 5 was only in the shop for a couple of hours. Fantastic service from my dealership and as a loaner I had an 07 328i. For anybody debating between the 5 and the 3 I don't see how you can compare. The 3 is a fun car, great handling, but to me it doesn't hold a candle to the 5. The 5 feels so much more luxurious and just the perfect blend of everything. I think the 3 is a great car but the 5 to me is at different level.I enjoyed driving it for a couple of hours, it reminded me a bit of being in high school again lol, but I couldn't get back to the dealer fast enough to get my car back.

When I was waiting on my car a nice older lady said "oh waiting on your 3 series", I responded no I have a 5. She said you are way to young for a 5. I responded I am 35 and I wish I would have bought it 5 years ago. She said, I am 55 and thought most people were my age. I just smiled and said it is a great car for all age groups to enjoy.

Good to hear your service went well and you're still happy with your choice.

I too think the 5er is a great all-rounder and ideal for all my autobahn driving, but quite often wish I had gone for another 3er because they're just such great fun to drive, especially around twisting / country roads etc. My girlfriend has a 3er, but only a 316i - probably good she doesn't have a 6cyl version otherwise I'd be out wiping months off her tyres each weekend
Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by britus05' post='422089' date='May 7 2007, 10:15 PM

It depends on ones priorities. I am about your age but for me luxury is one of the last things I care about. So I am seriously considering 335 coupe for my next car. 3 series is lighter, handles better and more fun to drive and now it is faster than any non-M 5er. By making the top of the line (non-M) 3-series faster than top of the line (non-M) 5 series BMW essentially made 5er an old person's car. My lease will expire in August 2008 and unless 550 gets a noticeable power increase I will go with 335.