E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

48Hrs with new 530i MSports Pack

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here is a quick overview.

The car is visually absolutely superb, inside and out. Until Friday I had only seen the MSports pack in photos, and as good as it looks in the pics, it looks even beter in the metal!

The suspension is firm & superb when cornering. The runflats however make riding on rough surfaces a bit too abrupt, bumpy & noisy. Perhaps slightly lower tyre pressure would help? (Driving on smooth surfaces however, is very comfortable & quiet.

HUD is amazing & an absolute must have in my opinion?

Adaptive Xenons are eqnally impressive. You can not comprehend how good they are until you have seen them in action.

DSC+???
I have been trying very hard to detect Soft Stop working, without success.
So I will be checking on this feature (which I was told I would have) tomorrow with my dealer!

Last but not least, the new 3.0l engine...
Well up to 4500rpm it feels really good & emits a well damped yet great sound.

Oh & the extended lights package is nice except that in an all black interior the Iight front & rear door lights (in the door handles & stowage compartments) is barely noticeable!
Anyone eIse had this problem?.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Where are the pics? can you post one of the steering wheel up close for me? How does the M badge on the wheel look?
Old 05-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='May 22 2005, 03:27 PM
So here is a quick overview.

The car is visually absolutely superb, inside and out. Until Friday I had only seen the MSports pack in photos, and as good as it looks in the pics, it looks even beter in the metal!

The suspension is firm & superb when cornering. The runflats however make riding on rough surfaces a bit too abrupt, bumpy & noisy. Perhaps slightly lower tyre pressure would help? (Driving on smooth surfaces however, is very comfortable & quiet.

Adaptive Xenons are eqnally impressive. You can not comprehend how good they are until you have seen them in action.

DSC+???
So I will be checking on this feature (which I was told I would have) tomorrow with my dealer!

Oh & the extended lights package is nice except that in an all black interior the Iight front & rear? door lights (in the door handles & stowage compartments) is barely noticeable!
[snapback]131960[/snapback]
Glad to hear you like your new ride.

I think the style is spot on.
The ride quality and handling is very good considering the tyres and m sports suspension set up. I believe though that mine has improved with changing from RF's to non RF's.
Adaptive lights are good fun.
Soft Stop???? Not noticed it yet. Could do with driving my old car to compare.
I think the extended lights package - small orange lights are supposed to be very subtle. In pitch black conditions they shine well into the door bins/onto door handles in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Try an experiment with you tires, increase their pressures to the top of the range and see how the ride is

The reasoning beind this is that incresing the pressure will cause you to ride more on the softer centre of the wheel instead of on the hard sidewalls
Old 05-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='May 22 2005, 04:05 PM
Where are the pics?? ? can you post one of the steering wheel up close for me? How does the M badge on the wheel look?
[snapback]131974[/snapback]
Steering wheel M badge -
Attached Thumbnails 48Hrs with new 530i MSports Pack-2005_0522image0016.jpg  
Old 05-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ah yes... indented groove where the badge is.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

I also saw a thread a while back (can't seem to find it now) where someone was asking about the drivers door automatically unlocking when you switch off the engine and remove the key.

Mine definitely does this.

Is this a standard setting that everyone has?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='May 23 2005, 01:38 AM
I also saw a thread a while back (can't seem to find it now) where someone was asking about the drivers door automatically unlocking when you switch off the engine and remove the key.

Mine definitely does this.

Is this a standard setting that everyone has?
[snapback]132153[/snapback]

No thats not how mine is... but I do think its a dealer programmable option to have the doors unlock when you shut off the engine.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Touring, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Maple Wood interior trim "How much more black could this be? And the answer is ‘None. None...more black’ " - David St Hubbins, Spinal Tap

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='May 22 2005, 10:43 PM
Try an experiment with you tires, increase their pressures to the top of the range and see how the ride is

The reasoning beind this is that incresing the pressure will cause you to ride more on the softer centre of the wheel instead of on the hard sidewalls
[snapback]131986[/snapback]

My E61 Sport came with the tyres overinflated to the maximum (standard when they deliver the car, but the dealer should have reduced them before I took possession). Let me tell you, the ride was atrocious (on Goodyear Eagle 05 RFTs) - choppy, skittish, very noisy. It was still unacceptable in my view even when knocked down to the minimum. I now have (non-RFT) ContiSportContact2s on the car, ride is still firm but comfort and grip have improved significantly, particularly around town on poor quality surfaces (which in London is all of them pretty much ).
Old 05-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 22 2005, 11:11 PM
[quote name='BMW#4' date='May 22 2005, 03:27 PM']So here is a quick overview.

DSC+???

Oh & the extended lights package is nice except that in an all black interior the Iight front & rear? door lights (in the door handles & stowage compartments) is barely noticeable!
[snapback]131960[/snapback]
Glad to hear you like your new ride.

I think the style is spot on.
The ride quality and handling is very good considering the tyres and m sports suspension set up. I believe though that mine has improved with changing from RF's to non RF's.
Adaptive lights are good fun.
Soft Stop???? Not noticed it yet. Could do with driving my old car to compare.
I think the extended lights package - small orange lights are supposed to be very subtle. In pitch black conditions they shine well into the door bins/onto door handles in my opinion.
[snapback]131976[/snapback]
[/quote]

Last night I turned the iDrive display brightness down & as a result of lower contrast in the cabin the extended lights are more effective.

Quick Reply: 48Hrs with new 530i MSports Pack