E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

$4 per gallon Gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

It's even gone up here in the Middle East. We've had three price hikes in like 6 months. Unbelievable! It's like, 1.60 a gallon now! Not too long ago it was hardly a dollar! WTF!

Oman is still dirt cheap though, seriously filled up for about 9 dollars.

Er... I should probably run!

/flees thread before getting lynched!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw
It's even gone up here in the Middle East. We've had three price hikes in like 6 months. Unbelievable! It's like, 1.60 a gallon now! Not too long ago it was hardly a dollar! WTF!

Oman is still dirt cheap though, seriously filled up for about 9 dollars.

Er... I should probably run!

/flees thread before getting lynched!
Man, no comment... :thumbsdown:
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Members

Hope & Change = LMFAO
Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by evets
Hope & Change = LMFAO
Because the POTUS controls gas prices?

But me, I'll just skip starbucks a day here and there and I get to stay in Sport/Manual mode 24/7 as usual.

Not that idc about gas prices, but there's little that we can do to prevent the daily/weekly fluctuation of gas prices. But what I can control is my spending elsewhere, and when things that I need go up, makes me realize and control my spending on things I don't need.

So starbucks $5 coffee gets cancelled...McDonalds 99 cent coffee here I come (with a full tank of gas in sport mode)
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
Because the POTUS controls gas prices?

But me, I'll just skip starbucks a day here and there and I get to stay in Sport/Manual mode 24/7 as usual.

Not that idc about gas prices, but there's little that we can do to prevent the daily/weekly fluctuation of gas prices. But what I can control is my spending elsewhere, and when things that I need go up, makes me realize and control my spending on things I don't need.

So starbucks $5 coffee gets cancelled...McDonalds 99 cent coffee here I come (with a full tank of gas in sport mode)

He and his Czar's control our ability to drill our resources and limit the permits to do so.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Members

Ha that's nothing!!
I just got a fuel oil fill $3.72/gal = $1400 - to heat the mansion for a couple of months!!

It's more than Vpower. LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Time to bring out the R1 from the garage. $4 per gallon Gas-img_9051.jpg
Old 03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by evets
He and his Czar's control our ability to drill our resources and limit the permits to do so.
Actually, it's people like me that vote no, send letters to my congressional representative, and join Personal Interest Groups that track environmental use for those sort of things so that areas like Arches National Park, excellent fishing grounds in Alaska, and other PUBLIC lands don't end up getting trampled and ruined just so that there is more oil to use. The logic is flawed. Fuel should cost $8 in the US!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Ingardj
v_therussian: What are your plans? HAHA
I'm getting involved with environmental causes here in the States. Hoping for one of the eventual outcomes to be a stalemate to the energy companies, where they would have to start harvesting completely green energy. If we have solar, wind and hydro plants that provide electricity to the industry and private customers, then the need for fossil fuels will be reduced infinitely. Thus, bringing the market price of crude down, as demand comes down.

I've also looked into getting involved in businesses that install solar panels to end users. If I can swing it, I'd get solar panels and a Tesla. Problem solved. But the current technology of solar panels is lacking efficiency. The installation costs are prohibitive to lots of people - especially "in this economy".

Speaking of economy, I believe the real problem with it is that people are still trying to live by outdated principles. The saving grace will be creation of new jobs, which can ONLY be accomplished by new technologies needing to be put out into the market.

Lastly, there is the alleged issue of overpopulation. I've seen this one post some time ago, that if you put every human on Earth today shoulder-to-shoulder, you would not even be able to fill the space, that is taken up by the city of Los Angeles. So the problem is not overpopulation, but inability to live shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters. This is a problem that can ONLY go away with education and knowledge. And pardon me, wisdom.

I just realized how much I've written. I'll stop now.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

I do get tired of hearing about gas mileage and prices all over this forum... you think filling up your e60 is bad, try filling up over 100 gallons on a 25' boat!!!! That could be a thousand dollars every week if you do a lot of cruising or fishing! WTF! Then i drive 100 miles per day for work and its either my 545i or my Jeep with 33" tires - they both suck gas!

Drive. Enjoy. Quit bitching!

And it isnt the POTUS that is driving up the prices... Libya is... and for the record, its not in the Middle East!!

Quick Reply: $4 per gallon Gas