E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

3 x 5er = Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

We have had a pleasure to enjoy the nice weather for days now. Temperature is around 26°C (79°F) and the sun shines. And I still have 2,5 weeks of my summer holidays left !

At last weekend we polished Mika's (member Seipäänreikä) jet black E61, but couldn't get any outdoor pics because it rained that evening. So, yesterday evening we went out with Mika and Tuure (member Tuuborg) and took some pics. I'm quite pleased with the polishing job, however some scratches still remained.

Enjoy!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Contributors

- Antti & Mika & Tuure -
Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Shots!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Great looking cars guys and VERY VERY

But your parking is terrible
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525d Touring 2004 Jet Black / Black Leader / Front: 245/35/19 Rear: 275/30/19

Originally Posted by Anzafin

- Antti & Mika & Tuure -
Great job on the polishing and great pictures..

I was wondering what kind of polish you guys used.. It always breaks my heart after a good few hours of cleaning and polishing, that after one drive you and start over again.
I've seen this new stuff, based on this NANO technology.. Which apparently should last longer and keeps the dirt off. Anybody tried of heard of it before??
Old 07-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by buen116

I was wondering what kind of polish you guys used.. It always breaks my heart after a good few hours of cleaning and polishing, that after one drive you and start over again.
I've seen this new stuff, based on this NANO technology.. Which apparently should last longer and keeps the dirt off. Anybody tried of heard of it before??
I think thats what a few car valet / detail shops use here in Hong Kong. I have had my car treated where the coating lasts 6 months, whereas the more expensive "packages" you can get has a coating which lasts up to a year or more! Its great! If it rains, the water beads perfectly and runs off the car.... off the windscreen, in fact I hardly use wind screen wipers unless its torrential down pour!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Contributors

I use Menzerna products for polishing and Collinite, Dodo Juice, FinishKare and AutoGlym products for waxing/sealing.
However, this time Mika's car was waxed with Swissvax.

I don't believe in insuperability of nano waxes. You can have a great and long-lasting protection + shine by using good carnauba based waxes and good sealants.

- Antti -
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Well I´m not that familiar with the nano technology, but that BMW "nano wax" the dealer is using is nothing unbelievable. Its not that longlasting, that it would give a protection for a year or something like that. When I bought the car the dealer put that coating on and I didn´t notice any difference with the Carnauba waxes. I haven´t done any serious testing though

I´m using Swisswax Concorso 50% Carnauba wax and very very satistied with it. It lasts longer than the Autoglym products I used before. There are more pics and info at the Detailing Forum.

The weather was absolutely fantastic and it was fun to have our minimeet again.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

You posted all those pictures and flat eric is not in any of them...
Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
You posted all those pictures and flat eric is not in any of them...

Quick Reply: 3 x 5er = Photos!