E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2013 NEW! 528i 535i LCI DIRECT FIT 10W WHITE CREE LED ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:27 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 NEW! 528i 535i LCI DIRECT FIT 10W WHITE CREE LED ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS

Hey guys what is your opinion on these bulbs? I got a 2009 528ix. Any other suggestion?

2013 NEW 528i 535i LCI Direct FIT 10W White Cree LED Angel EYE Halo Light Bulbs | eBay
Attached Thumbnails 2013 NEW! 528i 535i LCI DIRECT FIT 10W WHITE CREE LED ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS-c1.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I've also been curious about them.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

These are for cars without HID's. I ordered the wrong ones and found out that the bulb housing is an H8 (smaller hole) for cars with HID's. I now have a set of these (cost me $27 w/shipping) and had to order the one that were almost 3x the price.

I took the whole light out because I thought these plugged in some where else until I realized I had the wrong ones. Pretty easy to get to the bulb without having to take the whole housing out.

I ordered the correct ones below since my 08 535i has HID's"

2nd GEN H8 BMW E87/E92/E60/E63 20W CREE LED WHITE ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS

Last edited by amg.pro422@gmail.com; 08-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
Hey guys what is your opinion on these bulbs? I got a 2009 528ix. Any other suggestion?

2013 NEW 528i 535i LCI Direct FIT 10W White Cree LED Angel EYE Halo Light Bulbs | eBay
Haha, we went through this already sir. Again it comes down to what your expectations are as far as the brightness.

I guarantee you these are next to invisible in the daytime.

Originally Posted by amg.pro422@gmail.com
These are for cars without HID's. I ordered the wrong ones and found out that the bulb housing is an H8 (smaller hole) for cars with HID's. I now have a set of these (cost me $27 w/shipping) and had to order the one that were almost 3x the price.

I took the whole light out because I thought these plugged in some where else until I realized I had the wrong ones. Pretty easy to get to the bulb without having to take the whole housing out.

I ordered the correct ones below since my 08 535i has HID's"

2nd GEN H8 BMW E87/E92/E60/E63 20W CREE LED WHITE ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS
Original poster has LCI halogens, his headlights does not use H8 like your's.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, we went through this already sir. Again it comes down to what your expectations are as far as the brightness.

I guarantee you these are next to invisible in the daytime.

Original poster has LCI halogens, his headlights does not use H8 like your's.
Simon, would you be so kind to enlighten us with your voracious knowledge of LCI halogens. What are our options for bulbs for us mortals that are still on the fence to commit to a full blown AE V4 headlight surgery? As you know I'm not close to my vehicle so I can check what bulbs are in my halogens. As far as I can detect there are 2 bulbs, one for the blinkers and one for the halogens. Again, what are my best choices for these 2 bulbs. As far to the brightness, just interested in changing from a orange to white color with the most cost affective brightness possible. There is lots of BMW enthusiast not willing to open their headlights or spend from 500 to 1800 on this mod. Vendors feel free to respond with in stock availability.

I'm confused will someone please enlighten us with a full explanation of what years each car has and the different options? Would someone please put this monster to rest.

Pre LCI
LCI Xenon
LCI Halogen
LCI HID

https://www.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Well, hate to sound like a broken record, but again, it's what your expectations are. If you want bright day time visible angel eyes, there are NONE plug and play bulbs that fit that want. The closest to plug and play would be HID angel eyes for LCI xenons only.

As far as turn signals, there are quite a bit of variety to choose from, again, it comes down to how bright you want it to be, and how much you're willing to spend. Typically, you're looking at $40-50 for near the top of brightness for turn signals.

And going back to the angel eye questions... honestly dude, I am sure you have done enough research and basically just sitting in the denial stage right now. If there are bulbs bright enough without cutting open the headlights, you think people would actually cut open headlight?? Come on now. If any vendor has come up with a bulb that can magically squeeze through that much light through the existing fiber optic structure, that vendor would be making a killing.

Again, like the other parts on your car, you gotta pay to play.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:24 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Well, hate to sound like a broken record, but again, it's what your expectations are. If you want bright day time visible angel eyes, there are NONE plug and play bulbs that fit that want. The closest to plug and play would be HID angel eyes for LCI xenons only.

As far as turn signals, there are quite a bit of variety to choose from, again, it comes down to how bright you want it to be, and how much you're willing to spend. Typically, you're looking at $40-50 for near the top of brightness for turn signals.

And going back to the angel eye questions... honestly dude, I am sure you have done enough research and basically just sitting in the denial stage right now. If there are bulbs bright enough without cutting open the headlights, you think people would actually cut open headlight?? Come on now. If any vendor has come up with a bulb that can magically squeeze through that much light through the existing fiber optic structure, that vendor would be making a killing.

Again, like the other parts on your car, you gotta pay to play.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time and effort regarding this subject. I will work on my denial diagnosis and pursue a second opinion regarding the subject of low cost, medium brightness white color AE and signal bulb alternatives. I will post my findings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321190828608...84.m1438.l2649

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Jrosa, if you get these post up your results and opinions, pictures etc about them. I replaced mine with GP Thunders and they are totally visible in the daytime etc. Ok, you cannot compare these to Orions or any other system where you have to crack open your housing, this type would be much brighter and the best light distribution around the AE's. I know the LCI uses H8 for the AE and I can't quite tell if those are H8 when looking at the base/locks. Several years ago I went through at least four different sets of bulbs like these and everyone came with the free gift of a bulb error light on my Idrive screen. The last set I happen to get for free when I purchased my body kit from Umnitza did not throw error bulb errors but were equal to the Gp Thunders I had. I chuncked the lights and kept the resistors to use somewhere and just stayed with the GP's...

Last edited by tonyb635; 08-26-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

I second that. I will also post my results as well since I just wanted to change the color and do not intend to use the halo eye's for daytime running lights. The turn signal is a single bulb that can be easily replaced as nomis_nehc stated but I for one am happy with how it looks.

I got better things to spend my money on like a DCI, JB4G5 and full custom exhaust from my buddy Danny at boostjunkyz.com. Looking at some KW coilovers as well. Nomis have you gotten your 1M bumper yet? How did that turn out?

Last edited by amg.pro422@gmail.com; 08-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Hah, not to derail the thread too much, but it's not done yet.

It won't be anything but awesome of course. It's the same shop that has made all the E60 1M bumpers except for Redrum5's. So it'll be stellar work.

Quick Reply: 2013 NEW! 528i 535i LCI DIRECT FIT 10W WHITE CREE LED ANGEL EYE HALO LIGHT BULBS