E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2008 550i pre-purchase question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Hey Pagemaster,

This looks like it's in NYC. If you want, we have MANY members from NYC who can help you look at the car and also test drive it before you purchase it. If I have time, I can happily help you go look at the car.
I second that
Originally Posted by tuffluck
for 42.5 i feel like you could find a local deal just as good. 6,500 miles is super low, but really what's the difference between 6,500 and 35,000? a 2008 has 2 more years on it as far as warranty goes, so unless you're putting a significantly higher amount of miles annually than the average, i wouldn't let the low miles tempt you as much. in other words, you're warranty is going to be the same no matter what the mileage, so if you're not going to hit 50k by the the time the 4 years of warranty expire, don't let the mileage be a huge concern.

damn you're perceptive i read the post again and scanned for context clues and was like, "uh i guess 160 miles away from maryland could be NYC, but it could be like VA beach too...how does he know it's NYC?" then i looked closer, at the pictures
Its in Bay Ridge we can check it out, im there all the time. My grandmother lives there. On a diff note, when I returned my 550(08) they ask if its been in an accident, and although mine was and it was minor (in front of my house) if it has it cannot be CPO'd. Thats what they told me. You can check throuh carfax, but me, member Vlad, and others will be happy to check it out for you. Im going to be in Bay Ridge on Friday and Ive owned the same car for 3 years, same model. If you need any help let me know, ill be happy to help you too Mel
Old 11-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by melimel
I second that

Its in Bay Ridge we can check it out, im there all the time. My grandmother lives there. On a diff note, when I returned my 550(08) they ask if its been in an accident, and although mine was and it was minor (in front of my house) if it has it cannot be CPO'd. Thats what they told me. You can check throuh carfax, but me, member Vlad, and others will be happy to check it out for you. Im going to be in Bay Ridge on Friday and Ive owned the same car for 3 years, same model. If you need any help let me know, ill be happy to help you too Mel
Thanks Mel! You guys on this board are amazing! I hope I have a chance to return the kindness at some point! Would it be cheezy to offer a $25 starbucks gift card for the first person who is able to stop by and take a look and report back? It's not much, but hopefully a little something to repay the favor...

-jp
Old 11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Pagemaster
Thanks Mel! You guys on this board are amazing! I hope I have a chance to return the kindness at some point! Would it be cheezy to offer a $25 starbucks gift card for the first person who is able to stop by and take a look and report back? It's not much, but hopefully a little something to repay the favor...

-jp
Or maybe when you actually get the car we can all just meet up for coffee.. and chill and admire our cars Ill be over in bklyn on friday taking my grandfather to the dr(grrrr).. so im going to try then. Its at Life Quality you say? PM me pagemaster so I know your info so when I go they dont think im a crazy girl or something.. lol..