E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2008 550i LCI Champ Radio No Sound, Sat Greyed Out, Stuck on Aux, No BT

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 10:42 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 BMW 550i LCI N62 4.8L V8
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N62
Default 2008 550i LCI Champ Radio No Sound, Sat Greyed Out, Stuck on Aux, No BT

Hey Guys,

I have been searching around and troubleshooting to no end. I have an '08 550i LCI. I was driving down the road and ran into a rain storm. Rain cleared up and 15 mins later my car gave me the dreaded SOS malfunction, Sat grayed out on Display, radio is stuck on Aux, can't change to CD FM AM or anything, can't pair my phone to Bluetooth, no audio what so ever. This car has the Champ radio(no nav), Top Hifi Amp (back left trunk), Sat Radio (back left trunk), CDMA TCU (back left trunk), USB/Aux in Center Console, Mulf 2 (under spare tire). I also have an aftermarket Amp and Sub connected to a Audiocontrols LCI 2 controller. I have unhooked this for the time being to troubleshoot. I have tested all fuses from glove-box to back right Trunk compartment and none had any issues. I bought a MOST loop and plugged it into the TCU, SAT, AMP, & Mulf2 and there is no change. Ista+ shows a Most Ring Break and the CHAMP BO and Champ GW are colored yellow when pulling fault codes. All the other modules are RED and NCSExpert can not communicate with the radio or any of the mentioned modules. I get red light from the optical cables on all of the modules in the trunk. I unlock the car they flash 3 times then go solid red. Ista mentioned an awakening fault after 3 times and the optical cable flashes 3 times upon waking the car up. I purchased another Champ radio, GSM TCU, & Top Hifi Amp from Ebay and the issue is still the same. Even worse the replacement radio does not work with my IDrive controller as i have the older silver one with the single menu button and the new radio came from an '09 535 with Nav and the newer IDrive controller. FWIW the trunk is completely dry no water to be found. Also I swapped my battery back in November of last year and coded it with Carly. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I am not proficient with coding the car so any assistance would be very helpful. I am going crazy without my tunes. I am hoping you guys can help me.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:33 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: lexus LS
Default 2008 550i LCI Champ Radio No Sound, Sat Greyed Out, Stuck on Aux, No BT

Hello folks, I have been looking near and investigating continually. I have a '08 550i LCI. I was driving not far off and ran into a downpour storm. Downpour cleared up and 15 mins later my vehicle gave me the feared SOS glitch, Sat turned gray out In plain view, radio is stuck on Aux, can't change to Album FM AM or anything, can't match my telephone to Bluetooth, no sound what so ever. This vehicle has the Champ radio(no nav), Top Hifi Amp (back left trunk), Sat Radio (back left trunk), CDMA TCU (back left trunk), USB/Aux in Center Reassure, Mulf 2 (under extra tire). I likewise have a reseller's exchange Amp and Sub associated with an Audiocontrols LCI 2 regulator. I have unfastened this for the present to investigate. I have tried all breakers from glove-box to back right Trunk compartment and none had any issues. I purchased a MOST circle and connected it to the TCU, SAT, AMP, and Mulf2 and there is no change. Ista+ shows a Most Ring Break and the CHAMP BO and Champ GW are shaded yellow when pulling issue codes. The various modules are RED and NCSExpert can not speak with the radio or any of the referenced modules. I get red light from the optical links on the entirety of the modules in the storage compartment. I open the vehicle they streak multiple times at that point go strong red. Ista referenced an enlivening issue after multiple times and the optical link streaks multiple times after awakening the vehicle. I bought another Champ radio, GSM TCU, and Top Hifi Amp from Ebay and the issue is as yet the equivalent. Much more dreadful the supplanting radio doesn't work with my IDrive regulator as I have the more seasoned silver one with the single menu button and the new radio originated from a '09 535 with Nav and the more up to date IDrive regulator. FWIW I traded my battery back in November of a year ago and coded it with Carly. I am at a misfortune with respect to what to do straightaway. I am not capable with coding the vehicle so any help would be useful. I am going insane without my tunes. I am trusting you all can support me.
Kodi nox

Old 08-15-2020, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 317 Likes on 304 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Have you checked in the trunk,spare tire area and under the seat for water damage. That's what I would check first since it happened after raining. Also check in the ECU box that sits under the cabin filter