E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2008 535xi - first year retrospective

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Very good discussion.

By the way, can someone englighten me on what is an 'LCI'?
Life Cycle Impulse - it's an update implemented during a production year from what I understand
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by 1BadDuc
Life Cycle Impulse - it's an update implemented during a production year from what I understand
..implemented during a model cycle. In the E60 model's case, 08+ are LCI
Old 07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535 xi, Comfort Access, Cold Weather, Nav, Parking Sensors, Logic 7

I also have a CPO. It's a '08 535xi with all the bells and whistles. I've had it since January this year, and so far absolutely zero problems mechanically, knock on wood. The only issues I've had are related to the clock slowing down a few minutes each week, especially when I don't drive it much that week. Also, I've had two flats already, Queens roads are terrible after the winter. Although the second flat happened when I didn't even run over any potholes. So I decided to change the OEM Goodyears with Continental Extreme Contact DWS which seem to be better quality and provide better grip in the winter - I did have a slight spinout when there was only a little snow / ice on the ground, which was a bit surprising as my car is an xi. BMW Assist worked well when I had the flats, so no complaints there. Dealer service is ok, nothing to write home about. I did get the extended maintenance for peace of mind. Best of all, like everyone else on this board, I can hardly wait the next time I get in the car.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:06 PM
New Members

I've had my 2008 535i since January. CPO & extended maintenance. Zero issues in the 9k miles I have put on it. Drives great every time. It had the HPFP recall done prior to my purchase. I had one dealer visit for brake fluid and cabin filter change. I didn't request a loaner, but when the SA saw my dissappointment with his estimated 2 hour wait he didn't hesitate to give me a nice 2009 335i. I must say my first dealer experience was a good one.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Contributors

I have an 09 535xi with every option and package. I have had a jb3 installed on and off and have never had one issue with my car. I never let the car get below 1/4 tank thought if I can help it. Sorry you guys are having so many issues. I love my car and will buy out the lease in the next few months when it runs out.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Members

6m ago I bought 2005 545 - no CPO, no warranty....and it is 13-th BMW in family in last 15 years - we had them all you name it.
I knew BMW have problems - all kind of problems and though I sometimes complain - I continue buying them...addiction ?
But I was ready for it (problems)- so far I had only couple so I am very happy as it is better than expected
Old 07-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Hey guys,

For what its worth, I am in the same boat as OP. Bought the 08 535xi with around 50K miles on it, non-CPO. Took the risk because I was hoping to catch any big things that can come up in the 10k that was left in the original warranty. Added extended maintenance plan.

I haven't had issues at all. In the last 15 months of owning it, I have put almost 35k miles on it. The only thing that needed to be changed (and what I paid for) was the battery and one headlight bulb. Ofcourse, brakes and other fancy stuff was covered by the maintenance plan. Had recall work for the hpfp done twice when my dealer said a recall was out, but no breakdowns.

Had the blizzaks over the winter and I was AMAZED how well they handled with DSC turned off. I was literally going through unploughed snow in Detroit looking at cars that had swirled and even overturned because the roads were not clean.

Hey 'MisterMike', who's your SA?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Senior Members

Owners with lots of issues.....I hear ya! I personally had no issues in 2 years of ownership except for HPFP or course.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by 1BadDuc
Yes, it's a model update a couple years before the next major change is released. Mainly to fresh up the car and typically keys in on bumpers, lights, fenders and a little on some interior stuff.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Hey 'MisterMike', who's your SA?
Don Pawlik. He's been excellent.

Also, I'd note that (knocking on wood), everything seems to be fine now. I have been treated well by the dealership, but there was a period of time when I was adjusting my schedule on a regular basis to keep up with the service issues.

Quick Reply: 2008 535xi - first year retrospective