E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2008 535i M-Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order on a 535i and I questioned if I could the M-Aero Kit ordered with a 535i, the salesman said yes it would be a Port installed item, but once he went to the page on the internet to order it, it no longer appeared in the Port Installed Accessories. Has anyone on this forum tried or has ordered a 535i with the M-Aero Kit installed. Please advise.

Ponster
Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

I doubt that the BMW dealer would do the M-tech aero kit option for you. Even if they would do the installment of the aero kit, I bet that they will charge the labor to be very expensive. I recommend that you order the Mtech aero kit yourself and have it installed at your local bodyshop (make sure it's a good one) if you havent order it off the dealer. You can purchase the M-tech aero kit for around 1,500-2,000. There's some suppliers here on the forum and I'm sure they'll give you a good deal or discount on the M-tech Aero kit, I suggest you go look them up. Good luck
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Chk this out http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=42319&st=0 ...better pics on pg.#2...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I'm pretty sure this will be factory installed if you ordered from a dealer.If you consider all LCI 550s come with this body kit in North America I doubt they would do a dealer/dock install for 535s . There would be absolutely no efficiencies in this. Was this ordered as an MSport package ??I see lots of Euro delivered 52? 53? delivered with the body kit.

Cheers
Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

M-Tech kits ordered at time of purchase are installed at the Port, not the factory. The only exception is the LCI 550 Sport.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

does anyone know for sure wheather the older kits did not fit on the LCI? I believe once people saw diff part numbers they jsut assumed it wouldn't fit but its jsut cause the US LCI's have those reflectors in the front and both front and rear PDC sensors were changed.. Is there anyone of the forum with LCI with ANY pre LCI body parts on, actully preferably aftermarket part are prefered...some people tell me pre-LCI stuff doesn't fit.. however NONE of the after market companies have made any body changes for the E60 and sitll sell the same Pre-LCI parts so I would guess if no after market made LCI parts then Pre-s worked on LCI.. however thats not including M-tech as stated sensors were changed so idk if PDC will still function..

Anyone with aftermarket side skirts on LCI? ACS, Rieger and im not sure if Hamann as well but they are side skirts that go over the orignals.. the new LCI side skirt desgin has it pushed out from the pre LCi sides and it would seem as though those skirt covers would be very off in terms of being flush.. I'm molding mine anyway but jsut curious to see how much extra sand might be involved...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Senior Members

Question

M -Aero? is this another word for M sport kit, or is it something entirely different?

Sorry...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='476778' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:05 AM
M -Aero? is this another word for M sport kit, or is it something entirely different?

Sorry...
No, he's referring to the aero kit (front and rear diffuser, side skirts).

In the US, pre-LCI, it was a port installed accessory. It is now included from the factory on the US LCI 550 Sport. AFAIK, there has been only one e60.net member who has managed to get it installed (by the dealer) on a lesser US LCI model. See the link in post #3 for that. Other than that one, the US aero kit does not yet seem to be avaialble. Strange . . .
Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

i wouldnt risk the front end. the headlights are a little diff, and who knows about under the front grill area about the plastic trim that needs to be installed. just wait until the 08 version is out and get it from quad_m
Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Contributors

I am your '08/LCI Aero Kit authority, unfortunately. I ordered one for my car, to be installed at the port. I was told it would be on the car, even though the car was an '08/LCI. When I picked up the car, I was told it was on the car. It wasn't. At this time, you can't get an M Aero Kit on the '08 in the US on a 528i or 535i (the 550i with SP has one on the car, installed at the factory). The reason, as dumb as it sounds, is that the old M Aero kit does not have the wheel well reflector on it, and since BMW redesigned the headlights to remove the orange reflectors in the headlight casing, and since a side orange reflector is mandatory in the US, and because the old M Aero Kit doesn't have it, the port cannot install the old M Aero kit on our '08/LCI cars. The obvious question is why can't they simply put the '08 550i sport parts on the car, and the simple answer is that they don't want to do so...yet. Maybe they feel it will steal sales from the 550i sport if you could make your 535i look similiar. Who knows. I spoke with Garry Romani at BMW of Newport just yesterday and he advised that there still is no kit yet, but that he 'guesses' it it coming soon, and to check back with him in a month. Based on my dealer's screw up, they will give me a loaner and send my car back to the port for installation once one comes out, and install it for dealer cost. Once I get any more info, I'll be sure to post it.

EDIT: To clarify a point-- the one forum member who had one installed on his 535i, had the parts of the 550i installed on his car by the dealer. That tends to be a bit more costly than the port installation, and BMW NA does not warrant the work the way they would if the port installed it (or so I am told.) If you can find the post for the member who did have it installed, you will see that it looks absolutely beautiful.

Quick Reply: 2008 535i M-Aero Kit