E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 535i Another Problem Came out

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

Hey, guys. Just one month after the problem with the thermostat, BST cable, and sunroof leaking, another problem came out just two days ago.
I got the message, "left dayrunning/parking light malfunction". Now the left day-running light is off. Four month ago, I had the right back-up light malfunction, but it got fixed by itself.
Now I don't think the day-running light is gonna do the same thing. Is there a way to check it?

Guys, does anyone know how I can get a copy of the chart of fuse box? Or what shoud I do to fix the light if it is not the fuse's problem...

Gosh...I will eat my shoes if I'm buying another BMW!!!!

Thanks, guys! I really need your help!!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

Dude chill out... most likely it is just a bulb that will have to get replaced. You probably still have the original lamps in there so after 3 years it is probably time to replace them.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

If you are still under warranty, just go get it serviced. Its not that bad or big of a deal. It can be frustrating but stuff happens and things need to be replaced. Since you have LCI, you may want to invest in HID Angel Eyes from John@Motorcepts, those look awesome.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Munich77
Dude chill out... most likely it is just a bulb that will have to get replaced. You probably still have the original lamps in there so after 3 years it is probably time to replace them.
+1

Had my AE bulbs replaced under warranty. SA said they also had to run a program update for it as well.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H8 bulb few dollar fix
Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

Thanks guys.

I don't have warranty anymore, so I will try to fix myself...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Members

And please don't complain about the little things go wrong.... you bought a BMW (which stands for Bring My Wallet) which is an Ultimate Driving Machine - they handle well, they sound good, they look good, gave great engines and character....but nobody ever said they are cheap to maintain...
They are not like wifes - they are more like mistresses....you know what I mean?
BMWs are not the " luxury, reliable and fuel efficient vehicle" - this would be Lexus..
Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Pkg

The DRL problem is a known issue and will be fixed under warranty. But you'll have to leave your car, because they have to reprogram your car to deliver lower voltage to then DRLs. Had mine done last month.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by porando
And please don't complain about the little things go wrong.... you bought a BMW (which stands for Bring My Wallet) which is an Ultimate Driving Machine - they handle well, they sound good, they look good, gave great engines and character....but nobody ever said they are cheap to maintain...
They are not like wifes - they are more like mistresses....you know what I mean?
BMWs are not the " luxury, reliable and fuel efficient vehicle" - this would be Lexus..
Mine's pretty fuel efficient - 33 mpg between Las Vegas and Albuquerque with a JB4 tune. Everything else is true though lol

Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by porando
CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 535i Another Problem Came out