E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2007 550i Going Out of Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2007

My 550i will be out of warranty in a couple of weeks. Are there any known issues that I should have looked at?

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

Yes, learn how to use search feature, lol.
This topic has been beaten to death.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

You guys can call me an idiot but I used the search function and didn't come up with anything.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

Originally Posted by safetywork
You guys can call me an idiot but I used the search function and didn't come up with anything.
I had them replace several trim pieces. I was suprised they did all of them.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Black Graphite Metallic|Black Options:Sport Package|Premium|Cold Weather|6speed |Logic 7|Active Steering

My Dealership does a free courtesy inspection before the warranty is over. You might try that. I also paid an independent shop to do the same....just to be sure!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2007

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

Originally Posted by flint
My Dealership does a free courtesy inspection before the warranty is over. You might try that. I also paid an independent shop to do the same....just to be sure!
You have a nice Dealer!!! Towson BMW in Maryland said, "if nothing is showing up on iDrive, then there is nothing for us to do."
Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoRavens
You have a nice Dealer!!! Towson BMW in Maryland said, "if nothing is showing up on iDrive, then there is nothing for us to do."
exactly! no error codes; no free fix.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aren't they suppose to cover wear and tear of leather and things of that nature?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

excessive wind noise from the sun roof and have them replace the seal. Trim is not covered in cpo... if that is your situation.

Vapor barriers for the doors.

power windows... rollers or the motors.

I would check everything that is not covered in the cpo and or if your warranty is about to expire:

bmw cpo covered items and not covered items

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Originally Posted by mffarrell
My 550i will be out of warranty in a couple of weeks. Are there any known issues that I should have looked at?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2007 550i Going Out of Warranty