E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is the 2006-2 DVD for Europe / UK out as yet

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:20 AM
jcp
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i M Sport Touring LCI. Platinum Gray. Beige Dakota leather. Brushed Aluminium trim. Media package. Side blinds. Auto dim mirrors. Comfort seats. Storage compartment pack. Extended interior light package. HUD. DVD prep in rear. IPOD interface.

Just wondering....presumably if I replaced my Euro disk with a UK only one it would be a bit more responsive through not having to trawl trough such a large database. Does that sound likely?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60_530D' post='276831' date='May 2 2006, 11:57 AM
I have just taken delivery of a UK MY2007 car with Prof Nav. It has the 2006-2 DVD. It does not permit me to enter postcodes at all. The dealer says they will look into it. Will update when I know more.
So how does the system know whether you intend to enter a City or a Postcode and what level of "input letter restriction" it should apply?

ABC
Old 06-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='286123' date='May 22 2006, 05:41 PM
So how does the system know whether you intend to enter a City or a Postcode and what level of "input letter restriction" it should apply?

ABC

Have queried postcode entry using the 2006-02 dvd with BMW and received the following response:

Dear XXXXX

BMW UK can confirm that due to a technical issue with the latest navigation disc (issue:2006-2) supplied by NAVTEQ, the option for postcode address entry has not been programmed correctly.

Therefore for version 2006-02 all navigation inputs will require to be entered via the full address mode.

This only affects vehicles equipped with Professional navigation on the CCC platform for the following model series:

E87 -BMW 1 Series
E90/E91/E92 -BMW 3 Series Saloon, Touring and forthcoming New 3 Series Coup?
E60/E61 -BMW 5 Series Saloon and Touring
E63/E64 -BMW 6 Series Coup? and Convertible

The fault has been located to an incorrect data file on the new navigation disc and the Factory is currently looking into possible solutions to overcome this issue.

We can confirm that every effort is underway to resolve this issue, and will be resolved in due course.

May we suggest you register your concern to our BMW Approved Dealership who in turn will be able to offer further assistance once details have been announced by our suppliers.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

any update on this issue.

The problem i've found is that when i first got the car, the postcode was working fine, and at somepoint taking it back to my dealer it stopped.
Now they are saying i need to buy a new DVD. Has anyone managed to get a new one for free?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by biggun' post='415620' date='Apr 19 2007, 03:16 PM
any update on this issue.

The problem i've found is that when i first got the car, the postcode was working fine, and at somepoint taking it back to my dealer it stopped.
Now they are saying i need to buy a new DVD. Has anyone managed to get a new one for free?
The PostCode search is a function of the way the data on DVD is organised.

If you haven't had a change of DVD and the PostCode search worked then you have a different problem to the one described in this thread.

ABC
Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

Well that i what i thought, but when i spoke to bmw, they said it was the DVD type.
So i dont know if they stole the dvd out of my car, and replaced with another or not, but all i know is that it was working and now its not.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Im guessing you had an 06-1 disc which got 'replaced' with an 06-2 disc. Good news is that 06-2 discs can be exchanged for free with an 07-1 disc as part of the recall for those faulty discs. I would wait until the 07-2 discs are out to invoke your exchange.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Members

have you got this confirmed with bmw? Also any recorded proof?

thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by biggun' post='415652' date='Apr 19 2007, 04:28 PM
have you got this confirmed with bmw? Also any recorded proof?
There's plenty on here.

I suggest you check the disc label of your Nav DVD to confirm which you have, because if it isn't 2006-02, you have no way forward.

ABC
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Members

ok i've just had a look, its the world cup edition 2006.
I spoken to my dealer, and they've got no idea - run down so far.

1) car was booked in a week ago for the progman update, to fixed my navigation (no postcodes)
2) got the car back checked to see if it works and it didnt.
3) rung them up to find out whats going on
4) they said my dvd type doesnt have the postcode option; i told them that not good enough, since it was working
5) 2 hours later, they rung back and said; well theres no postcode option (again) then i told them about what i had found on the forums, and they then said "oh i dont know, lets book the car in and do another software update, but you need to BUY a new dvd to get full postcodes" He also said something about how my dvd might not work with the software update (v25), which is just stupid.

So i've booked it in, but i dont really know what to do now.

Quick Reply: Is the 2006-2 DVD for Europe / UK out as yet