E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2004 530i standard audio setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the standard audio setup in my 04 5 series and i am looking to change them all out.

i know that i have the speakers in the doors, and the tweeters in the doors.
i also know that there are speakers under the front seats.
speakers in the rear deck.

Questions...

what sizes are all of the speakers?

do i have tweeters in my rear deck?

where can i catch the audio input to the amplifier at? i dont want to catch the amplifier outputs.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i titanium grey 6 speed manual with light grey interior. Nav, L7, cold weather, sport, sat. Modifications: suede headliner, pianno black interior trim, Ipod dock, Mtech front bumper, Angel Eyes, and flat black kidney grills.

Originally Posted by cartek' post='671480' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:53 AM
I have the standard audio setup in my 04 5 series and i am looking to change them all out.

i know that i have the speakers in the doors, and the tweeters in the doors.
i also know that there are speakers under the front seats.
speakers in the rear deck.

Questions...

what sizes are all of the speakers?

do i have tweeters in my rear deck?

where can i catch the audio input to the amplifier at? i dont want to catch the amplifier outputs.

Standard audio outputs are located behind the radio on non L7 cars. In a L7 car the only audio you can tap into would be after the amp since the input is optical. The L7 has rear door speakers but also shares the front and rear speakers that you have, including the tweeters in the rear deck component set. By the way the L7 speakers are 40w aluminum cone and non L7 are 20w paper cone. Some guys put earthquake 6" subs under the front seats and or subs in the trunk. If you are not going to go too custom I would upgrade to L7 speakers instead of going after market for the doors. Otherwise try these CDT speakers.

Many of the new BMW range, 1-Series, 3-Series & 6-Series for starters come as standard with a mid-bass driver located under the seat, a mid-range in the door, and dependant on specification a tweeter in the mirror back. CDT offer a fantastic solution to install into this car, the HD632S, consisting of a 6? mid-bass, with shallow enough mounting depth to fit into the enclosure under the seat, a 3? mid-range that fits simply into the door location, and a tweeter that will fit into the mirror back. All of this comes packaged with the EX-30 3-way x-over which offers enough adjustability to integrate the drivers.

I can give you some pointers but you need to specify what audio system you have. L7 or top hi fi.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 530i standard audio setup-hd_632s_bm_1_1_.gif  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by thedreamshop' post='671970' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:09 PM
Standard audio outputs are located behind the radio on non L7 cars. In a L7 car the only audio you can tap into would be after the amp since the input is optical. The L7 has rear door speakers but also shares the front and rear speakers that you have, including the tweeters in the rear deck component set. By the way the L7 speakers are 40w aluminum cone and non L7 are 20w paper cone. Some guys put earthquake 6" subs under the front seats and or subs in the trunk. If you are not going to go too custom I would upgrade to L7 speakers instead of going after market for the doors. Otherwise try these CDT speakers.

Many of the new BMW range, 1-Series, 3-Series & 6-Series for starters come as standard with a mid-bass driver located under the seat, a mid-range in the door, and dependant on specification a tweeter in the mirror back. CDT offer a fantastic solution to install into this car, the HD632S, consisting of a 6? mid-bass, with shallow enough mounting depth to fit into the enclosure under the seat, a 3? mid-range that fits simply into the door location, and a tweeter that will fit into the mirror back. All of this comes packaged with the EX-30 3-way x-over which offers enough adjustability to integrate the drivers.

I can give you some pointers but you need to specify what audio system you have. L7 or top hi fi.

thanks for the help!

i have the standard system. no speakers in the rear doors, or in the dash.

What i am looking to do to my car is install MB Quart 4" components in the doors and the rear deck. i am undecided about what i am going to do for under the seat as far as the two "subs" are concerned. will most likely add a 5 channel MB quart amplifier, and a single 10inch woofer in the trunk.

Everything is subject to change as i would not be opposed to getting two subs under the seat ran at 2ohms to the 5th channel, and determine if that is enough bass for me from there.

do you have specifications on speaker size and depth available. i am an authorized MB quart and Kenwood excelon dealer so i plan on keeping the brands used to those two.

Thanks
Louie