E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

19" vs 20" rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Originally Posted by Bawshog
I am in the middle of the smae debate as you right now. I really like the looks of the square setup that iteachgolf posted. I really want to put something other than stock on the car, but my wife drives it 90% of the time. I wan't something that's "no fuss" for her. She's not a bad driver, just is not used to having to pay attention to every little crack in the road. If I were driving it all the time it would be a different story. Curious if 19x 9.5's would work out as well in a squared setup and maybe possible do some spacers in the rear. That will give an agressive look and still give the opertunity to rotate the tires.
I am leaning towards Vossen's or the Stance evolution wheel. I really liked the Vertini Magic, but come to find out only the black or silver is trully avaible in 19", 20's a differnet story, and I really like the machined with black accent look on a black car. Already had a few "murdered" rides and my truck currently still is. I think it's a little too much on a black car of this caliber. I think it cheapens the look. On a white car differnt story.
Keep us posted on waht you decide and I will do the same.
Same here. I want to go with the machine with black accent also. With a white car, it look good. I was looking at these rims http://www.flickr.com/photos/incurve...7626688153420/, but they don't make them in 19's.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Members

That seems to be an issue for most of the wheels I have chosen also. Nothing available in 19" that I like. I am still waiting to hear back from Stance. Luckily I have a very good friend who runs a major tire/wheel center in Santa Rosa Ca. He has been very helpfull in "the search". I was dead set on the Vertini's untill the said no machined with black. I am kicking around as a last resort, buying the silver/machined Vertini Magic's and having the insides re-powder coated in black or anthricite. Don't really wanna have to do that. but worst case if I can't find what I want I will.
That link you posted looks pretty sick. Are you gonna do the square or staggered setup? Really think the square setup may be better in the long run for the Wifie, and I like the look. It's somethin different in the sea of staggered setups.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iteachgolf
Have a square 20 x 9.5 all the way around with no rubbing except for huge bumps or really steep driveways taken too fast. I drive my car fairly hard yet found an almost negligible difference in ride quality going from stock square 17 setup. If you rode in my car you'd be hard pressed to feel that the rims are that large. Ride quality is better than my old g35 when stock.

Btw I'm on stock sport suspension

I'm on completely stock suspension in an 08 535xi. I know the normal offset is 43, but I've found some 9.5" wide wheels that are a 38 offset. I'm probably going to stick some 265 tires on them, do you have any idea if they would rub, or if they would rub only under hard driving? ...or would they even fit?