E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

16.2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All

Just got 16.2 and have some questions...

1) Is there a way to get rid of the split screen and have the perspective view (or any of the other menus) in full screen? I seem to remember there was a way to get the nav in full screen view but I can't remember how to do it and I'm not finding it in 16.2.

2) When I got to CD select - where it shows the 6 cd's to choose from - I now have DVD showing up prior to "CD" - but it is greyed out - what's that about?

3) I have the 2004-2 Nav DVD. Am I supposed to be able to see "information" screens, i.e. restaurants, churches, etc.... Can't find that either.

Am I looking for things that do not exist??

Joe
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by bimmerj' date='Apr 25 2005, 10:47 AM
Hello All

Just got 16.2 and have some questions...

1) Is there a way to get rid of the split screen and have the perspective view (or any of the other menus) in full screen? I seem to remember there was a way to get the nav in full screen view but I can't remember how to do it and I'm not finding it in 16.2.

2)? When I got to CD select - where it shows the 6 cd's to choose from - I now have DVD showing up prior to "CD" - but it is greyed out - what's that about?

3) I have the 2004-2 Nav DVD.? Am I? supposed to be able to see "information" screens, i.e. restaurants, churches, etc.... Can't find that either.

Am I looking for things that do not exist??

Joe
[snapback]119801[/snapback]
AFAIK you have never been able to have the any screen span the entire display except for the start up screen (main menu).

If you remove your NAV disc and insert an Audio CD in the DVD drive you will be able to use it and it will no longer be greyed out. But the NAV wll not work without the DVD.

You get information on the screen if you request it. E.G. Ask for a destination by information. E.G. Gas station. The map will now populate with gas pump icons. Same with restaurants etc. The ability to remove these is actually quite welcome as they could be annoying in a metropolis. You find the exact Italian Restaurant you want 5 miles away the screen is covered with a rash of knives and forks that are really quite useless. I glad we can now remove them. It is however useful if you are running out of gas and just want to know where you can fill up.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Members

Thanks

Are you talking about voice activation - or just entering in a destination and then I will see this option? What I was really looking for was a way to turn it on/off without entering a destination (while in "cruise" mode).

I think there was a way to have the nav full screen. When I first got the car, all of my screens were in full screen mode until I found an option somewhere to get the 2nd screen. Once I did that, I was not able to get back to the full screen.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by bimmerj' date='Apr 25 2005, 12:39 PM
Are you talking about voice activation - or just entering in a destination and then I will see this option? What I was really looking for was a way to turn it on/off without entering a destination (while in "cruise" mode).

[snapback]119876[/snapback]
Nothing to do with voice activation. When you enter a destination using information, where you search through categories for a shop or business, then you see the icons for every business in that category. With 16.2 you can now toggle this on or off.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Members

OK

That's the step I forgot about. I'll try this later.

Thanks