E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

13.2 software in my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 13.2 in my car this past friday, the noticable difference so far is the option for RDS and seat memory position when opening doors. Also now I have random and repeat option on cd's and my audio system seems somewhat louder and nice and clear. Lets hope it lasts. And My back seat squeak is gone, they said all rear seats are delivered the same way no matter if they fold down or not, and sometimes the latches they snap into get corroted and need to be lubed. Worth a try for you guys it fixed mine. As far as door squeaks this was the 4th time, it was in. They kept it for a week and had the manager of service put some miles on it to see if he heard anything and all is well so far I finally have a quite car and a loud stereo before it was vice verca
Old 10-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

This is good to hear. Mine's going in tomorrow morning for door rattles on all 4 doors, squeaking dash, rattling rear shelf, delayed pedal response, and it also seems that the transmission downshifts roughly once in a while, sporadically, though. I also have noticed that with the stereo, the right side is louder and clearer than the left when balance is in the middle. I have v12.x software on it.

Did you notice any improvement in pedal response with v13.2?

What was the dealers fix for your rattling doors?

How did they fix the backseat noise? Just some lube?

I'll probably take in the carbaflo TSB to them and whatever other resolutions I can find on this board.....Couldn't hurt at any rate...
Old 10-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Discount-Eyewear' date='Oct 10 2004, 01:35 PM
I got 13.2 in my car this past friday, the noticable difference so far is the option for RDS and seat memory position when opening doors. Also now I have random and repeat option on cd's and my audio system seems somewhat louder and nice and clear. Lets hope it lasts. And My back seat squeak is gone, they said all rear seats are delivered the same way no matter if they fold down or not, and sometimes the latches they snap into get corroted and need to be lubed. Worth a try for you guys it fixed mine. As far as door squeaks this was the 4th time, it was in. They kept it for a week and had the manager of service put some miles on it to see if he heard anything and all is well so far I finally have a quite car and a loud stereo before it was vice verca
[snapback]43272[/snapback]
Just wondering...what was the problem you had with the seat memory. I wanted to see if mine is working as it should. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Auto Trans, Moonroof, Xenon adaptive headlights

I got the v13.2 update last week and checked it out thoroughly on an 800 mile trip this weekend. Thanks to this site, I learned that 13.2 has added on-off RDS capability (but not sure why anyone would bother to turn it off) -- otherwise I thought it was gone, since it was not set to the "on" mode when I picked it up. I find it poor that no one at BMW bothers to tell you of what changes will result from a software upgrade, especially since the changes often are not covered in the owner's manual.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BILLYBOB' date='Oct 11 2004, 06:35 AM
I find it poor that no one at BMW bothers to tell you of what changes will result from a software upgrade...
[snapback]43427[/snapback]
The dealer doesn't know it...
Old 10-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 11 2004, 08:09 AM
[quote name='BILLYBOB' date='Oct 11 2004, 06:35 AM']I find it poor that no one at BMW bothers to tell you of what changes will result from a software upgrade...
[snapback]43427[/snapback]
The dealer doesn't know it...
[snapback]43446[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sad but true.. With the software update they just "guess"/hope it fixes your problems
Last time I took my car to the dealer, one of the comments from a tech guy there was: "This is all so new that we don't know how to approach the problem"
Old 10-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

I asked the dealer for a "what's new in this version" document.
He explained that there is no such document. It just identifies which modules will be affected.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by streak' date='Oct 11 2004, 03:55 PM
I asked the dealer for a "what's new in this version" document.
He explained that there is no such document. It just identifies which modules will be affected.
[snapback]43458[/snapback]
This isn't true (for the UK anyway). I have an internal BMW document explaining what issues are fixed from v9.3 right through to 11.2

They didn't have any more up to date information, but this was about 3 months ago.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Oct 11 2004, 06:17 PM
This isn't true (for the UK anyway).? I have an internal BMW document explaining what issues are fixed from v9.3 right through to 11.2

They didn't have any more up to date information, but this was about 3 months ago.
[snapback]43500[/snapback]
That's interesting!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Oct 11 2004, 10:17 AM
[quote name='streak' date='Oct 11 2004, 03:55 PM']I asked the dealer for a "what's new in this version" document.
[snapback]43458[/snapback]
This isn't true (for the UK anyway). I have an internal BMW document explaining what issues are fixed from v9.3 right through to 11.2

[snapback]43500[/snapback]
[/quote]

I guess dealer or BMW does not want to reveal those info to end users.

Quick Reply: 13.2 software in my car