E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

10 Weeks & Counting

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

I've put down an order (& deposit) on a facelifted 530d M-Sport Automatic

I've specc'd it up as follows:

Carbon Black
Cream/Beige Dakota Leather
Light Poplar Wood
19" Mixed 172 Wheels
Sun Protection Glass
Bluetooth Prep.
DAB Radio
Visibility Pack
Heated Front Seats
Folding Wing Mirrors

I'd initially planned on going for the anthracite bamboo wood trim, but a lack of photos dissuaded me, and I've switched to light poplar instead.

I'm being quoted mid-April delivery, so I'm now wishing my life away.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Members

You should get the bamboo anthracite - I've seen some pictures and it looks great. Virtually black. Very smart.

I enclose here a pdf file for the UK launch of the facelift. If you scroll through the pictures you will see the bamboo is some of the later ones.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
UK_briefing_for_E60.pdf (1.88 MB, 333 views)
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Dazza, how much did you have to pay for the 19" 172?!?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by jonathanm1966' post='387383' date='Feb 4 2007, 03:48 PM
You should get the bamboo anthracite - I've seen some pictures and it looks great. Virtually black. Very smart.
Are you sure those pics are of bamboo? That never occured to me...
There is a new high-gloss black (similar to piano) and that what those photos look like.
If you look at the X5 forums, there are quite a few pics of bamboo and it looks very, very different.
Of course, the E60 version of bamboo may be different from the X5 but there are no pictures yet.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by jonathanm1966' post='387383' date='Feb 4 2007, 05:48 PM

I enclose here a pdf file for the UK launch of the facelift. If you scroll through the pictures you will see the bamboo is some of the later ones.
Hi,

Are you sure? I think the trim might as well be the new high glossy black plastic -trim. The bamboo anthrasit should have more wood like texture.

BR

TGII
Old 02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Members

Thanks for the .pdf upload - I think this is the standard (free?) high gloss plastic, which does look remarkably like the individual piano black

The best bamboo anthracite photo I've seen is here

My wife really doesn't like the high gloss black, plus I'm worried about how easy it would show scratches etc.

As for the 19" mixed 172 wheels - the list price is ?780 as an option on the m-sports but I managed to negotiate a double-digit discount

The car at the minute is still spec. changable so I'll get myself onto the X5 forums for a look around. I've seen e60 photos of the cream dakota with the light poplar and it's a combo that both me and my wife like
Attached Thumbnails 10 Weeks & Counting-bambootrim.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by Dazza' post='387417' date='Feb 4 2007, 07:01 PM
If you are interested... here are a few more shots of bamboo on the new X5 (E70)
Word of warning... there is no guarantee the E60 trim will look the same...
Attached Thumbnails 10 Weeks & Counting-bamboo2.jpg   10 Weeks & Counting-bamboo3.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Dazza' post='387417' date='Feb 4 2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the .pdf upload - I think this is the standard (free?) high gloss plastic, which does look remarkably like the individual piano black

My wife really doesn't like the high gloss black, plus I'm worried about how easy it would show scratches etc.

As for the 19" mixed 172 wheels - the list price is ?780 as an option on the m-sports but I managed to negotiate a double-digit discount

The car at the minute is still spec. changable so I'll get myself onto the X5 forums for a look around. I've seen e60 photos of the cream dakota with the light poplar and it's a combo that both me and my wife like

Congrats on the order! Fine choice.

IMHO you should make the switch from "brown" wood to a black trim. If your negotiating skills are that good, why not try to get the Individual Piano Black trim for a reasonable price?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='387462' date='Feb 4 2007, 10:18 PM
Congrats on the order! Fine choice.

IMHO you should make the switch from "brown" wood to a black trim. If your negotiating skills are that good, why not try to get the Individual Piano Black trim for a reasonable price?
After spending most of Sunday evening scanning the web for more photos of bamboo vs. poplar I think I'm going to go with xBMWx 's suggestion of switching to a darker trim. As someone pointed out in another thread the cream beige is a very light colour and I think the photo's I've seen to date of the LCI e60 are based on the old beige leather (which I believe is still available in the US - Nasca leather?)

My worry is that I'm introducing another range of colours (browns/tans) that might not go with the cream leather & black exterior. I also suspect that the bamboo in the UK (Europe?) is a different shade to that which I've seen in the X5 photos. In the X5 brochure the bamboo is classed as dark bamboo, whereas for the e60 it's anthracite (colour of coal) and the option codes are different too (but this might be due to being different series of cars?). It may be that the bamboo for the UK is stained with black rather than dark brown??

So I feel a phone call to the dealer coming on this morning to switch from light poplar to my original spec. of bamboo.

I guess that in a worst case scenario - it would be possible to change the trim to another one albeit at some expense?

Thanks for the suggestions and opinions.