E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

08 550i Sport arrives ANY DAY - Did YOU do these things too??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't contain myself further!!! My new 550i Sport hits US shores tomorrow. I'm hoping for pick-up late this week.

After reading so many posts from so many other "patient" people.... well.... maybe not patient... more like 5 year olds waiting for xmas to see if they got their new daisy red rider bb-gun... I had to write.

I can't take the wait for the next 4 or 5 days until the new baby beast arrives. We all know daddy beast is still an M5

I agonized for weeks over choosing and M5, 911 or 550. S00000000000000 many plusses for each.

After building my cars online about 100 times each (you can ALL empathize.... you've done it as well!!!), I walked into my dealer (Ridgfield, CT - awesome experience with Bill O'Neill) and ordered the 550. Gave them a small deposit. And thought my new baby would be here in 6 weeks. Well, that was only the beginning of my choices! BMW threw this incredible M5 lease deal out there, and I was searching the country for the interlagos smg that I had to have. All to no avail. Then I was committed to my 550 again. Then a local dealer contacted me about their silver-grey / indy red interior smg m5. Whoooooooooooooa nelly! What a hottie she was. But all the Dinan upgrades added $12,000 non-residualable (a word?) to the price of my car. Then I should just get an 08 M5. I liked that idea a lot! But I simply cannot justify $1500 per month for a car.... even if I love it. So the 550 was back in my life... even though I hadn't had it yet. Then I found swap-a-lease. No commitment. Shorter term. Did I mention I'm 41 and never been married??? Then I felt guilty because I could not screw my dealer who has been so friendly and wonderful.

Of course the desktop on all my computers was my car's image from the BMW website.

I've searched for the 08 Owners Manual every day just so I could drive sooner because I already knew all the secrets. I found it a few days ago, by the way.

I've looked at the wallenius-winnius wallsisus - whatever it is!!! - shipping cargo tracking website so many times i know the vin number by heart. I even tried to find a website that might have gps tracking of world shipping lanes so i could see where the damn ship was in its trip across the atlantic!!!! i watched the weather to be sure there would be no storms that might sink the boat. of course, my dealer would have done something to reroute the ship or put floaties on MY CAR in the event this happened!

So, I will be the daddy of a new 08 550i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Sport Package - Sport Tranny and Paddle SHifters - iPod - Grey Leather - Premium Sound - and hopefully the addition of M5 wheels to replace the slightly too angular 172m wheels that come with the Sport Package.

If you haven't been through all this torture yourself, go order one today.... and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rof l:

Oh! ANd what silly things have YOU done during the wait for your new Bimmer?

Darrin

Danbury, CT
Old 07-14-2007, 05:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Close to ordering 2008 550i Sport Packg w/ sport auto tran. Previous owner of 2000 328i and 2003 E39 M5

Bro..you are just like me. Just like the rest of us. Its something that cant be explained or understood. Its something that you are not embarrassed about but not willing to be extraverted about either. Its a passion. Yes, its materialistic but it reaches your soul. People wouldnt understand unless they have driven or owned a BMW.

The engineering in these cars makes you feel astounded and curiosity runs through your veins, all the while thinking to yourself..."how the hell did they make a machine so beautiful and strong with a driveability that engages you on a level that keeps your senses ever involved and satisfied. The smell of the leather, the look and feel of the bulid quality, the brilliant ergonomics and technology that is distinctly Teutonic makes you feel important....then you start the car.

When you drive it....well....thats the beauty of imagination and those thoughts and sensations are meant to remain personal as to not offend the less fortunate.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Yup ... did those same things.

But all of the angst washes away the first instant you engage the Start button. It's magical.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Members

I pray to the EuroGods that you gents made certain you had HUD on your cars when you ordered them!!?*&$#%$!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Members

Spent 1K on detailing supplies and a radar detector.

Power washed the garage floor.