E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='204917
Light a candle and say a prayer as you were driving a reliable car and the lorry didn't T-boned you. My wife's cousin was T-boned by a lorry loaded with gravel in a C class Mercedes few months ago. He is not among us anymore.
I realize that I was quite lucky, and the car sure did help and do its job. I don't think that the C class is an inferior car, I believe the C class is a very safe car - eventhough it is a bit smaller & has less cusion space that the e60 5 series. HOWEVER i DOUBT that if the concrete truck would have hit my side by the door where i was sitting .. that i would be walking. due tot he concrete trucks bumpers being so far up, almost where the roof line is ... it makes for a whole different scenario.

I've said it before .. but i doubt that anything but another concrete truck or an original Hummer H1 would protect one from serious injury when getting T-Boned right in the side by such a vehicle.

I appreciate you sharing your story. Hope your family is dealing & coping with the loss well. :-/

--mp
[/quote]
Thank you for the reply. Of course you are right on your judgment on the C class. It was hit on the side right on left side doors. The family is slowly recovering however it is though.

BR
mpp
Old 11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

well .. i got some picures from the bodyshop on November 1st ... here are they:

oh ... i don't think i had mentioned this yet ... the car has probably about $15,000 or so worth of water damage now as well ... about 2 weeks ago when i stopped by the bodyshop, there was roughly about 2" of water inside the cabine on the floor, and in the trunk.

I've let insurance know already that I FULLY REQUEST & WILL FIRMLY STAND BEHIND THIS REQUEST that BMW is to replace the ENTIRE wiring harness in the car. as well as other electronics now. the ENTIRE electronics package int he trunk is shot now.

oh ... i don't think i had mentioned this yet ... the car has probably about $15,000 or so worth of water damage now as well ... about 2 weeks ago when i stopped by the bodyshop, there was roughly about 2" of water inside the cabine on the floor, and in the trunk.

I've let insurance know already that I FULLY REQUEST & WILL FIRMLY STAND BEHIND THIS REQUEST that BMW is to replace the ENTIRE wiring harness in the car. as well as other electronics now. the ENTIRE electronics package int he trunk is shot now.
Attached Thumbnails '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_001s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_007s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_010s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_011s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_012s.jpg  

'06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_024s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_025s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_014s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_006s.jpg   '06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-mvc_009s.jpg  

Old 11-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='205324' date='Nov 30 2005, 04:06 PM
well .. i got some picures from the bodyshop on November 1st ... here are they:

Not to mention mold damage now..... I lived in South Florida for years, I know what that heat, humidity, and rain can do.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

You are hanlding it well.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Members

wiszmaster--sorry to read about your unfortuante circumstances. You are indeed lucky to be alive. Cement trucks don't give much in a collision. JJ.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='179454' date='Oct 4 2005, 07:34 PM
Awww man... I remember those Costco Photos... remember me asking... SO sad to see it like this now. :'(
Glad that you are ok! Sorry about the car
I keep reading comments about costco's photos, what happened there? sorry Junior member here
hey...at least not a newbie
Old 12-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='206566
Awww man... I remember those Costco Photos... remember me asking... SO sad to see it like this now. :'(
Glad that you are ok! Sorry about the car
I keep reading comments about costco's photos, what happened there? sorry Junior member here
hey...at least not a newbie
[/quote]

It was when he first picked up the car. it was soooo nice and pretty then. I remember it so clearly because of the 3rd pic and the costco entrance looked very similiar to the one I goto ( I guess they're all pretty much the same...)

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...3750&hl=Costco

SOoooo sad to see the car in this shape right now.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Members

glade to hear you're alright! In my opinion you got more value from your car than most owners will (hopefully) ever get but it is still a terrible thing to happen! Just shows that it pays to put your family and yourself in as safe a car as possible!

I have to ask, wat happened to the lower section of your headrest? And are they able to repair doors where the door airbag has detonated because it seems to have caused quite a bit of damage to the leather but the rest of the door seems fine!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by diesel020' post='206716
I have to ask, wat happened to the lower section of your headrest?
I had the neck support extended as I always do(did) when i drive ... the force from the side impact broke them off. Personaly i believe that if I had not had them extended, i would have suffered more neck injuries ... the neck support kept me up straight the whole time.

Originally Posted by diesel020' post='206716' date='Dec 3 2005, 04:26 PM
And are they able to repair doors where the door airbag has detonated because it seems to have caused quite a bit of damage to the leather but the rest of the door seems fine!
No, they will just replace the Interior Trim panel IF they do decide to repair the car. I still have NO word .. but i will call the adjuster in a few minutes again.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

After all this damage (and the water and mold etc), you would think the insurance company would offer to buy you a new car. Did you try getting a new one with the insurance company??

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck