E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

$8-$9k?? What a laugh! Has this guy checked out the price of parts for an E60 AT ALL??

What an incompetent boob. I would be shocked if it cost a penny less than $15-20k to get that thing back on the road. Seriously, once we get all the Enron crooks in jail, let's go after the second most corrupt industry in the US-- insurance.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 28 2005, 05:47 PM
urg. yesterday i finally got a rental car .. had to argue with Insurance to get me something "comparable" .. so its a '05 Cadillac DeVille ... V8 Northstar ... better than a Ford Focus.

Today the bodyshop owner called me & informed me that the adjuster stopped by monday, and sent over his estimate this morning .. a FUCKING JOKE! ... they wrote up about .. $8,000 - $9,000 ... however had NOT a single airbag, no rear shelf, no rear inner structual parts ... no tires .. barely any electronics ...

lol ... so now the bodyshop will take the car apart & write their estimate since the adjuster seems quite incapable of writing a somewaht decent estimate. fucking tool. ... sorry .. pissed because they wasted another week. tomorow it happened 3 weeks ago, and we don't even have an estimate yet. NO PARTS ORDERED .... NOTHING ON THE WAY.

but i'm running up their rental bill @ $49.50/day.
[snapback]176630[/snapback]
Don't forget that the auto body shop isn't going to be your ally in getting the car totaled--they won't get the business to repair it then.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

$8-9K? HAHAHHAHAHHA that will get you about the bumper and half the trunk repaired. What does the adjuster usually check? Kia Rios and Daewoo's?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

Sorry to hear about your car man, glad youre ok. BTW the car looks totaled, all you have to do is prove frame damage and they have to mark it as totaled
Old 10-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Titanium gray poplar l Sports package l Logic 7 l PDC NAV l sunshades l chromed 124's l ski bag l euro tint

I dont think they will total a car based on any frame damage but here are a couple of suggestions.
1. Get a lawyer
2. Take your car to the nearest BMW dealer who also has a body shop - you have the right to have your repairs done where you want.
3. Consider carefully anything you say or sign in this interim period.
4. Keep detailed notes about the time you are spending away from work, loved ones, events you had planned before the accident, AND how the injuries have limited you in work or quality of life since the accident. I suggest a journal that you carry around.
5. Get a lawyer

Hang in there man - this too shall pass...
Old 10-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

This is what the rear end used to look like:

This is what it looked like on 09/09/2005

09/09/2005

10/03/2005

more here:

http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/v/cars/album26/
Old 10-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Here are some more good ones....

1. I suggest NOT holding on to the door in case of an accident:

2. Slanted wheels /-------\

3. WTF .. they better clean up! the crap is all in the perforated leather ... maybe i'll get a new lower piece

4. I want my curtains to color match the interior next time around .. so BLACK please! (think we can get custom colors with BMW individual?)
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Awww man... I remember those Costco Photos... remember me asking... SO sad to see it like this now. :'(
Old 10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Members

As others have said, "Glad to have you alive and more or less moving!"

Don't mess around with your health...get at least two doctors to check you out. You don't want to suffer from any long-term affects. My boss was in a horrific accident and about 2 years later, now suffers major hearing loss in one ear. His opinion is that it is related to the accident but I think all the "paperwork" is all done and the case is closed and finished so he couldn't get anything from it.

He regrets not getting himself checked out more thoroughly. There must be some clause about long-term affects so you, the docs, and a lawyer should dig into it deeply.

I'm curious to hear the REAL quote! 9k...what was the guy smoking? Must've left out the 1 in front of it or something.... :thumbsdown:
Old 10-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

A few days ago i traded the caddy for something more ... suitable ... this thing rides much better - eventhough the transmission in this thing is way too jerky for my likes.

'06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-img_1900.jpg

'06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-img_1903.jpg

'06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-img_1904.jpg

'06 BMW 530i  Vs.  Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck-img_1908.jpg

The bodyshop was supposed to have started cutting body panels off this week - not sure if they have started or not. its been almost 2 months now & no real progress has been made .. .starting to piss me off - eventhough free miles (mines a lease) have never hurt anybody. in the last 7 days alone i probably racked up 2K miles on the rental - in the last 2 months about 8,000 miles. :-) thats the only positive swing on this thing.

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck