E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to know that you're doing okay. My car (not e60) was hit from behind and almost a year later I'm still having back pains. I don't want money or a new car...I just want my health back i.e. no pain.

Good Luck!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Man Wiz! SOOOOO glad you're OK man. I know you just got this car too. I remember your Costco pics.

I hope the insurance co. totals it for you so you can get a brand new one (again).

Maybe the next name on that Ready Mix Truck will be "Wiz's Ready Mix".
Old 09-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I'm glad you're OK. From looking at the pics your E60 is a total. The repair of the body structure would be too expensive.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

sorry to see the pics and hear your story but glad to hear you are ok . hope it'll be a total and get a new one soon .
Old 09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 8 2005, 07:18 PM
I'm glad you're OK. From looking at the pics your E60 is a total. The repair of the body structure would be too expensive.
[snapback]168494[/snapback]
In the US, I have seen cars getting repaied that would easily be considered a total loss in Germany.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Wiz,

Glad to hear your OK. Bummer about the car but I agree, car can be replaced or fixed.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Wiz,

Glad you are OK and I am proud of you for eating healthy. 20 pack of top ramen in the trunk from costco...

Hope you recover, things can be replaced, people can't.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Glad you are okay, and hope you get well soon!!
If insurance decide to total your car, will you purchase another E60??
Old 09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Very sorry to hear about your accident, but obviously the most important thing is that you're OK. As much as we love our cars, they're only cars.

It looks like that car took a serious hit, and did what it was supposed to do--absorb the impact as much as possible. It's pretty impressive that despite how badly the trunk area is demolished, the main cabin of the car is pretty much intact--even the rear door seams are unaltered and they both open.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Sep 8 2005, 09:27 PM
In the US, I have seen cars getting repaied that would easily be considered a total loss in Germany.
[snapback]168538[/snapback]
Yes, absolutely ... which is something that really bothers me. Especially since i chose to purchase this car due to its sturdy & safe engeneering. Which in my opinion is compromised once they cut the drivers side rear of the car out, and weld in a new piece. the welds & seems are NEVER as precise, correct, clean & sturdy as the ones from the factory. Besides the issues one usually has after getting the SHOUDL BE TOTAL LOSS repaired vehicle back.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 8 2005, 11:49 PM
It looks like that car took a serious hit, and did what it was supposed to do--absorb the impact as much as possible.? It's pretty impressive that despite how badly the trunk area is demolished, the main cabin of the car is pretty much intact--even the rear door seams are unaltered and they both open.
[snapback]168569[/snapback]
I totally agree with you. This car did awesome, and did everything it was designed for, and did it well. It got hit in the driverside rear, and thats there the damage is. when standing infront of the car, you CANNOT tell that it has been involved in an accident. The damage is contained in the rear. The cabine has also NOT been compromised, where other cars would've lost the backseat, injuring and possibly killing the back seat occupants.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Sep 8 2005, 11:46 PM
If insurance decide to total your car, will you purchase another E60??
[snapback]168567[/snapback]
That is a good question. I would love to, however i must be realistic and don't think that i will be able to due to financials. I am paying $611.43/month on a 15K/year 36month lease - on a car that stickers at $62,000-$63,000.
I purchased my '04 as a LAST '04 ON THE LOT deal ... which then was exchanged not 8 weeks ago yet. :-(

If i can manage to & swing it, YES. This car is very safe. and that is what its about. If i cannot swing it, i will have to look back into the audi A4, or possibly the new 3 series.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You all for your kind words.
I am just glad i was able to walk away from this with as little harm done to me as it seems.
Below i attached the pictures of a good friend who was involved in a like accident earlier this year. He spent several weeks in ICU in a coma, and had to relearn how to walk & perform daily functions, he suffered permanent Brain Damage. (you can acutally see the tube sticking out of his skull)

and this was him in ICU:

--marco

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck