E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

04 530i O2 sensor "not ready" No CEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Default 04 530i O2 sensor "not ready" No CEL

So I bought my first BMW and I have to say, I'm glad I did but my first issue that I have ran across which frankly is the only one this car has besides a window not rolling up, but who gives a sh*t? Am I right. Anyways on to the info:

2004 BMW 530i 160k
I'm trying to pass smog to get my tags but my O2 sensor monitor "not ready". Now before y'all chew my ass, I've put 300 miles on my car and still nothing; with normal driving, then I put 125 miles doing the drive cycles outlines in the FTP drive cycle and still nothing. Everything is ready except for that one sensor. Now I figured it was my driving but then I attached my scanner to the car and viewed the real time data and the numbers to the o2 sensors seem off to me based on what I read. My question now is based off of these readings can any one identify the o2 sensors as failing? Particularly the the bank one sensors because of the negative readings.

Reading done at warm idle:

02 sensor 1 bank 2 (v) .735~
02 sensor 2 bank 2 (v) .725~

O2 sensor 1 bank 1 (mA) -0.141~
O2 sensor 2 bank 1 (mA) -0.113~

Bank one reading fluctuate from the numbers posted to about even at 0 depending on the rpms

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it's been two weeks and I'm at a lost.